Hawks Win The B1G Outright Tourney Thread

We have guys in the semis at 7 of 10 weight classes. That doesn't seem like wheels falling off. Granted we suffered three upsets in the quarterfinals.
I doubt those hurt us too bad. Each of those guys were projected as 3 seeds. Murin was a longshot to beat Lee or Pletcher and Young has been in a bad slump recently.

Does anyone know where I can check the team scores? Trackwrestling doesn't even have the tournament listed, which is baffling to me.

Thank you. It's a shame that even wrestling is falling prey to exclusivity contracts these days
Flo is the biggest single promoter of the sport of wrestling on the planet. They literally stream, report on, and write about everything from 4 year old pee wee folkstyle tournaments all the way up to the Olympics. Their reporting, rankings, podcasts, and blogs are the best in the business; everyone involved with them is highly knowledgeable

Little surprised at Nebraska in 2nd. Hopefully they can run some interference against PSU.
It’s all but locked up. With 7 guys in the semis that’s too big of a point gap to overcome. A thousand things would have to go wrong at once.

It’s all but locked up. With 7 guys in the semis that’s too big of a point gap to overcome. A thousand things would have to go wrong at once.
LOL, you have no idea.
Not saying Iowa won't win the championship, but it's FAR from over.

LOL, you have no idea.
Not saying Iowa won't win the championship, but it's FAR from over.
LOL, is math not your strong suit?

Iowa has 7 guys in the semis, Penn State has 6 but only nine guys left in the tournament. Nebraska only has 5 in the semis.

Iowa is up by 13.5, they would have to have a monumental collapse, with a bunch of bonus points scored on them to lose this tournament.

I’ll give ya a few minutes, but guess how many times Iowa wrestlers in this lineup have had bonus points scored on them this entire season. Even if Joseph and Hall beat Marinelli and Kemerer, there’s no way any bonus points are going to happen.

At this point of this tournament, it's not about bonus points, it's about advancing and winning individual titles.
If iowa falters, and psu doesn't, it only take 2-3 matches to change the team title.
But, you you can keep thinking it's locked up, douche.

Our main players showed up in a big way. I expected DeSanto to struggle with Lovett. He's very tough and is going to make a lot of noise moving forward. Big time recruit.

Warner, Young and Murin have a way of falling into bad habits and it came back to bite them. Young is solid but has pretty much reached his ceiling. Warner and Murin are easily the two most frustrating wrestlers on the roster, as both show huge potential at times but struggle to take that next step.

Our main players showed up in a big way. I expected DeSanto to struggle with Lovett. He's very tough and is going to make a lot of noise moving forward. Big time recruit.

Warner, Young and Murin have a way of falling into bad habits and it came back to bite them. Young is solid but has pretty much reached his ceiling. Warner and Murin are easily the two most frustrating wrestlers on the roster, as both show huge potential at times but struggle to take that next step.
Young needs to get after it right away. I’ve never watched a more frustrating wrestler in my life.

Refuses to take a shot when it’s do or die and he just watches the clock run out. It’s like he has some sort of mental block.

Latest posts