***Hawks -v- Zags*** Road to Sweet Sixteen..

Tough game. Woulda taken a special performance to hang with That Gonzaga team.

Thanks Hawks and the Seniors for a great season.

I have not gone through and read this thread, but that was not the same team that struggled to beat NDSU.

Tonight was disappointing, but I feel a whole lot less bad than I did when that Northwestern St. trey bounced in. Great season, guys. It was mostly fun.

No, we started the 2nd half in man. We are in zone now and getting burned.

They were playing zone in the 2nd half when they cut the lead to around 10 twice. The announcers commented 2 different times on how the zone D had slowed the Zags down. But quite frankly, it really didn't matter what D iowa played. Many fundamental breakdowns tonight.

Woody back in, misses pass completely, doesn't get back on defense. If we're depending on his senior leadership next year, we're screwed. He is the definition of tissue-paper-weak.
I get it. You hate Woody. But this is just stupid. The pass was high and hard and jis motion was taking him to the basket. You think he is going to run down a guard?

Woody isn't as bad as many here make him out. He's not elite as we all hoped, and does struggle at times. We need another center, quickly.

Go look at his line. It'll be one of the worst lines a starter on ANY team puts up in the second round.

Like I said, he struggles at times. Hes not what we hoped he would be. He's not as good as we'd hoped. He has had good games and does do some good things. He's not great, has probably peaked.

We need to hopefully hit on a center recruit.

Woody isn't as bad as many here make him out. He's not elite as we all hoped, and does struggle at times. We need another center, quickly.

He's not as bad as he's been playing. His issue is in his head/heart. Don't see any indication he is passionate about basketball. He has all the tangibles to be a solid player, just none of the intangibles it takes to compete at a high level. He's 7'1" and not skinny. You wouldn't guess that considering how he impacts any game you want to pick. The higher the competition, the more timid he becomes. It gives me no pleasure to point that out. I genuinely hope he figures it out over the summer and comes back ready to get after it. Watching him in this tournament, I am concerned that he's done.

Latest posts