Hawks v Hawks Game Thread?

I have no feel for the B1G conference this year. MSU and Purdue are predicted to be head and shoulders above everyone else and Minnesota is suppose to really suck. Everything in the middle I have no clue. So 12-8, 11-9 looks really doable for Iowa.

We won’t have to wait long to see how we stack up. I’m headed to the Creighton game on Tuesday. They are putting on a clinic right now from 3, but they’re playing basically the worst team in the country

I have no feel for the B1G conference this year. MSU and Purdue are predicted to be head and shoulders above everyone else and Minnesota is suppose to really suck. Everything in the middle I have no clue. So 12-8, 11-9 looks really doable for Iowa.
Watch out for Illinois. Might be the best team in the conference.

No Mulvey, even in garbage time. I was hoping he would be able to atvleast contribute some fouls during big 10 play. I guess not.

I didn't watch but going off the box score that's a hell of a solid start I'd say for Bowen.
He looked the part, but competition was subject. Will be excited to see him in person against Creighton here in a few days. If you recall, and I am not bragging cause literally I don't know shit about F half the time, but I said Bowen would be our starting 1 all off season. Even when it was rumored that Tony was running mostly at the 1. Even when it was rumored that Dix had him beat out. Even when everyone else told me it wasn't going to be Bowen.

How did I know? He stayed. He could have left last year after not seeing the floor. Fran was going to give him every chance in the world to get that gig. He was a tremendous talent and you could see it last year, he just wasn't near the strength and shape or ready and Iowa had way better options at the 1. You saw Fran go to him more and more as the year went on though and I was going to be straight up shocked if he wasn't our guy this year. He'll still be somewhat inconsistent, he's young.

True! And Tony is a weaker shooter. I think I just mean over all, like bench, starting 5, just a lot of shooters and more so, scorers. Sandfort is going to hurt himself if he doesn’t settle down lol. Dudes playing like he’s shot out of a rocket

How do Iron Man and Batman not die in their armors? Their punch and  movement speeds should shred limbs and liquify organs. The Hellbat bled  Darkseid, an Odin-Force Thor tier at his
499 × 207

No Mulvey, even in garbage time. I was hoping he would be able to atvleast contribute some fouls during big 10 play. I guess not.
Is it possible they're going to redshirt him? Weird he didn't play in a game walkons did. Same with Braun.

Right, they’ve lost a lot of scoring and 3 point shooting took a little dip last year imo. This might be Fran’s best shooting team
That's saying something because our 2019 team with JBo, Wieskamp, Moss, CJ, Cook and Garza and others could fill it up-and from long range as well.

We won’t have to wait long to see how we stack up. I’m headed to the Creighton game on Tuesday. They are putting on a clinic right now from 3, but they’re playing basically the worst team in the country

Am I looking at the schedule, correctly? The Creighton game is a 9:00 o’clock tip? The game is in Omaha, so why the late tip? I am all in to watch, but f*ck me, they can’t tip this off at 7?

He looked the part, but competition was subject. Will be excited to see him in person against Creighton here in a few days. If you recall, and I am not bragging cause literally I don't know shit about F half the time, but I said Bowen would be our starting 1 all off season. Even when it was rumored that Tony was running mostly at the 1. Even when it was rumored that Dix had him beat out. Even when everyone else told me it wasn't going to be Bowen.

How did I know? He stayed. He could have left last year after not seeing the floor. Fran was going to give him every chance in the world to get that gig. He was a tremendous talent and you could see it last year, he just wasn't near the strength and shape or ready and Iowa had way better options at the 1. You saw Fran go to him more and more as the year went on though and I was going to be straight up shocked if he wasn't our guy this year. He'll still be somewhat inconsistent, he's young.

Bowen deciding to stick around tells me a lot. I have no idea how this point guard by committee will play out, but I am rooting for him just because he didn’t take the easy way out.

Am I looking at the schedule, correctly? The Creighton game is a 9:00 o’clock tip? The game is in Omaha, so why the late tip? I am all in to watch, but f*ck me, they can’t tip this off at 7?
Lol. I took Wednesday off. We’re going, 9 pm. Tip, we’re game 2 of the Gavitt Games. Alcohol content of that joint will be off the charts. They have great night life around their stadium and tickets are hard to find. The O/U should be 165+

Yeah he pretty much was staying even prior to Ulis leaving I think. Once he was gone I felt like he should definitely stay. He wasn't going to be able to go start anywhere else day 1 for a major program anyway. It made all the sense for him to stay with Fran and trust that he can develop into a great player. Nobody is expecting him to be BJ Armstrong day 1.

I like his size and skillset. He's what Fran has been chasing ever since he's been here. Most every PG has had a major hole to their game since he's been here. Well this kid has serious potential. Hope we get to see it.

Is it possible they're going to redshirt him? Weird he didn't play in a game walkons did. Same with Braun.
They both took part in warm ups, so not like they are sick or hurt. Dog house for something it would seem.

I'm old but f's sake I can't find a game thread! Anyway...
What Brock Harding is doing to accelerate the half court game against Bama St ... If he isn't starting PG going forward, Fran is a Dotard!

I'm old but f's sake I can't find a game thread! Anyway...
What Brock Harding is doing to accelerate the half court game against Bama St ... If he isn't starting PG going forward, Fran is a Dotard!
Man he's good. Love the way he's constantly changing direction and changing speed

Freeman is going to be really good. He might be our starting center soon.
I live near Moline and had the pleasure of following him and Harding all the way to their Illinois championship last year. Both were big "gets" and will shine as Hawkeyes.

Latest posts