Hawks receive commit from 360 lb Soph DT

At least PHil Parker has the Defense and can get some play out of him.

Helluva recruit for Iowa and in a time of darkness, a glimmer of light.

Great for Juan, and Iowa. Player development, especially on both sides of the LOS, is the program's strength. He'll be "coached up" here. As was Carl Davis and LTP and many others.

On skill position players. I'm pretty happy with the QB classes we've been bringing in, and most recently some interensting backs. WR still seems some shots in the dark, but at the very least, we'll be faster.

This is a fantastic first commitment for the '17 class. Hopefully he made the right choice and will stick by it. There's more than 26 months until signing day, so it's probably best to remain cautiously optimistic. If he does stay commited and ultimately signs with Iowa, the '17 class could be special, especially on D. Iowa is the early favorite for 5-star DE AJ Epenesa (a legacy recruit), and they're being strongly considered by top-100 S Isaiah Pryor (also a legacy recruit).

Last edited:
Got to see this kid play at the Dome. He spent more time on the OL, but I'd wager that's because he maybe didn't have the stamina to go both ways all the time and he was more needed on offense. He dished out quite a few pancakes, and he made a big impact on defense when he was in. He's exceptionally quick for his size and is very good at using his hands in the trenches.

B3BXuMJIMAAWhkF.jpg

Now we just need to put a wall around Wesssssssjewnion. I can see Saban or whoever takes over at Nebby just licking their chops.

Latest posts