Hawks Jump to #19 in AP, Rutgers #24

tenor.gif

You know, crow kind of tastes like chicken. ;)

I don't have a big problem with these ratings but we should be ahead of Texas Tech just based on the fact that we won the head-to-head alone.

I think it's crazy not to have one big then team in top ten. I mean msu beat seaton hall. Dayton hasn't beaten a ranked opponent.

I don't have a big problem with these ratings but we should be ahead of Texas Tech just based on the fact that we won the head-to-head alone.
I get what you’re saying. But applying that logic makes it impossible to have rankings. That means Nebraska has to be ranked ahead of Iowa.

I think it's crazy not to have one big then team in top ten. I mean msu beat seaton hall. Dayton hasn't beaten a ranked opponent.

Down year for the B1G, for sure. No Wisc, no Purdue, no OSU, no Mich, MSU has 4 losses heading into league play. Strange year.

Gonzaga has proven to be the best team in the PAC12 at 3-0 with one win each against meh ACC and SEC teams.

Got blown out on their court by a currently unranked Big10 team

Some perspective on the context of the BIG10 is needed by the AP.

I’m not a conference homer either — other than the anti-SEC ESPN hype

Yeah, Big10 is going to bludgeon each other into one 3-seed and nine 6-10 seeds
I think you may be right. However, I think those 6-10 seeds from the B1G are going to be very tough outs for whoever has to face them in the first couple rounds. I think we could see 4-5 B1G teams make it to the sweet 16.

If B1G teams are seeded too low some #1 seeds are going to fall in second-round matchups. Jerry Palm has Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, and Wisconsin in separate 8/9 games. If I were #1 overall Baylor I would be pissed to face Michigan with a heathy Isaiah Livers in the second round.

Down year for the B1G, for sure. No Wisc, no Purdue, no OSU, no Mich, MSU has 4 losses heading into league play. Strange year.
Wisconsin is a projected 6 seed in the most recent ESPN bracket projection. They own the two best road wins in B1G play winning at Ohio State and at Penn State.

There is an outside chance the B1G could get 12 tournament bids. That would tie the record of the old Big East, however that was a 16 team league not a 14 team league if I recall correctly.

Latest posts