Hawks Jump to #19 in AP, Rutgers #24

Down year for the B1G, for sure. No Wisc, no Purdue, no OSU, no Mich, MSU has 4 losses heading into league play. Strange year.

I don't think its a down year, the B1G just has a lot of B level teams and nobody has really separated themselves from the rest of the conference. Even MSU hasn't proven it can win on the road against a solid B1G team. Wisconsin is the only team that has been able to do that so far.

B1G is kind of a microcosm of the nation. A lot of parity. Could make for a very interesting March.

I think you may be right. However, I think those 6-10 seeds from the B1G are going to be very tough outs for whoever has to face them in the first couple rounds. I think we could see 4-5 B1G teams make it to the sweet 16.
True.

Seeding is important in the tournament.

Right now Dayton is in line for a 2-seed and SD State as a one seed. I could buy the Aztecs as a one ....

But are either one of those teams close to a 1/2 seed if they’re in the Big10? Baylor, Kansas, Duke sniffing top two playing in the Big10?

Nope. Not close.

I get what you’re saying. But applying that logic makes it impossible to have rankings. That means Nebraska has to be ranked ahead of Iowa.

It's a little different when they are one spot away from each other in the rankings. TT is 12-5 and ranked #18. We are 13-5 and ranked #19. Nebraska isn't in the same stratosphere.

I get what you’re saying. But applying that logic makes it impossible to have rankings. That means Nebraska has to be ranked ahead of Iowa.

If only Scott Frost could do to the basketball program what he's done to the football program in such a short time. Who needs to be ranked though when your sights are set on championships.

It's a little different when they are one spot away from each other in the rankings. TT is 12-5 and ranked #18. We are 13-5 and ranked #19. Nebraska isn't in the same stratosphere.

Do you not know how these polls work? What happened almost 2 months ago really doesn't make a lot of difference. Don't take a whole lot of stock in the AP poll, it's mostly for entertainment purposes.

I don't think its a down year, the B1G just has a lot of B level teams and nobody has really separated themselves from the rest of the conference. Even MSU hasn't proven it can win on the road against a solid B1G team. Wisconsin is the only team that has been able to do that so far.

B1G is kind of a microcosm of the nation. A lot of parity. Could make for a very interesting March.

I think that's true. I don't think there's any way twelve B1G teams make the tourney. That's crazy. However, by this time in the season, Purdue, Wisc, MSU, and OSU are top 15 teams. There's only MSU this year. And they can't win away.

There B1G has no immortals this year. Maybe a chance for Fran to finally win a BTT championship?

Latest posts