Hawks Cubs mojo-I can feel it

uihawk82

Could be a special fall. Hawks take care of next 2 games and they are in drivers seat. Cubs could have the great pitching, hitting, and defense to make world series.

This could be the nexus of the universe.

P S drunk texting

I don't even think we need to win @Northwestern. Beat Illinois, lose to NW we are 2-1 at the bye week. Get healthy and then run the table. 7-1 is gonna do it. There is some type of karma shift going on.....

Well if NW beats Mich and NW beats the hawks and then if the hawks go 7-1 NW would have to lose two of their last 6 games.

The only way I'll accept a Cubs world series is if the Hawkeyes win the national title game.

or a sign that it's End Times for the world.
I heard on the radio last night that some group believed the world was going to blow up last night. I guess that didn't happen, so maybe they just meant it was a start of a World Series run for the Cubs. Pretty close to the same thing right?

I certainly hope you are right and I've had the same feelings. Thirty years ago they filmed the movie, "Back to the Future", and they predicted the Cubs would win the World Series in 2015 so there is that.

The Cubs still have this to overcome though ... if your superstitious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Billy_Goat

Well, I don't believe in curses. Just bad baseball, and bad management. The Cubs had that in spades for decades upon decades. It seems like they have a competent front office now. If the Red Sox could escape the Curse of the Bambino, then the billy goat can be overcome. With the GM that got the Red Sox their long-awaited title, I might add.

Last WS appearance in 1945, and they didn't make the playoffs again until 1984. 39 years. Let that soak in for a bit. Only something like 13 post-season appearances since 1908. Sorry, that's not a curse. Just bad baseball, and lack of opportunity to win it all.

A lot has to happen for any team to win 11 games in the playoffs in any given year, but I feel a lot better about where this franchise is headed, for the first time in my lifetime. If I'm right and the Cubs start making the playoffs every year, it'll probably happen sooner than later.

:cool:

True diehard Cubs fans, what if you had to choose one or the other, either a Hawk national championship or Cubs World Series championship? Which would it be?

Been cursed following the Cubs since I was five years old. That's fifty years......... Might as well have been following Moses in the desert too. Lol

It certainly has been a great summer on the North Side!!! Plus fall has been great so far!!! Let's keep it going!!! Will be watching the Cubs tomorrow night at our tailgate, then drive home, after a Hawkeye win and watch game 2..

Go Cubs and Go Hawks!!!

True diehard Cubs fans, what if you had to choose one or the other, either a Hawk national championship or Cubs World Series championship? Which would it be?

Myself and 3 other huge Cubs fans asked each other this very question last year. 2 of my friends chose the Cubs and myself and the other guy took the Hawks. The reason I would take a Hawk national championship are because 1. they are our local team and 2. the odds are MUCH more stacked against the Hawks so it'd be a bigger feat. Obviously you can argue about the curse and whatnot but simple fact is in baseball you are competing against 29 other teams but in the NCAA you are competing against 127 other teams for the same trophy.

ooooh, this is a tough question, add Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl and it would be a perfect world and I would quit watching sports. But to choose between the three. 1.) Hawks NC 2.) Cubs WS championship 3.) Vikings SB championship.

ooooh, this is a tough question, add Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl and it would be a perfect world and I would quit watching sports. But to choose between the three. 1.) Hawks NC 2.) Cubs WS championship 3.) Vikings SB championship.

Hey, I don't want to like you so don't tell me you're a Vikings fan too. ;)

IF I had to decided between the two I'd take the Hawkeye NC this year. Reason being, the Cubs are no longer the Cubs of old with a roster full of has beens and guys on the downward slide in their careers. This year is loaded with young talent and regardless of what they do this season I see them getting even better the next few years.

Latest posts