HAWKS CONTINUE TO BLOOM IN BLOOMINGTON GAME THREAD

So if Fredrick isn't available for the B1G tournament, Iowa probably needs to win 2-3 more regular season games to get an NCAA bid. Otherwise the committee will say that the available team isn't good enough to make the field.

Where are those 2-3 wins?

His leg buckled on a plant. Whether it’s LCL or ankle it’s badly damaged. He won’t be allowed to walk without boot or crutches for at least a week.

He’s done and so are Hawks. No one else has his quickness, moxie or stroke on the perimeter to take pressure of Luka ( including JoeW )

Best hope is 2-4, get 1 in the Conf tourney, eek in as a 10 seed, show well and pray to God Luka comes back.

giphy.gif

I saw that. It was actually a little over the top imo. Fine to ask a coach but seemed kinda dick-ish the way he asked the player, especially given he's pretty much tge reason your team won.
Was that reporter a writer?

Someone should grill him and ask him if he puts out the same consistent quality of stories every time.

I'd like to hear Rob's take on this. Would he agree that a question like that is better reserved for a coach.

His leg buckled on a plant. Whether it’s LCL or ankle it’s badly damaged. He won’t be allowed to walk without boot or crutches for at least a week.

He’s done and so are Hawks. No one else has his quickness, moxie or stroke on the perimeter to take pressure of Luka ( including JoeW )

Best hope is 2-4, get 1 in the Conf tourney, eek in as a 10 seed, show well and pray to God Luka comes back.

Our best road possibility is to win at Minnesota which is unlikely but possible

The other two road games at Michigan State and Illinois are almost beyond the shadow of a doubt

LOSSES

At home, we have a solid chance of beating Ohio State and Purdue

Penn State will be almost impossible to defeat this season at Carver

Possibly 3-3 coming down the stretch

But 2-4 is more rational

We are now 8-6 in the Big which is good enough for 4/5 in the conference

With two more wins, we will be 10-10 in the best conference in America this year

That should get us a midrange seed in The Dance

We will certainly need Freddy back for the Big Tournament and Beyond

Without him we might win one game in the Big Tourny and with the luck of the draw

Win one in The Dance

This has been a remarkable year, all things considered

Fran, the Staff and the Team deserve a Ton of credit for their outstanding play so far

It will be good to have Cordell back on the floor.

With him, last night, we stop them from having their way inside and prevent easy penetration

Which is every man's Dream

Coincidently: Here is today's Word of the Day

A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Garg

cummingtonite

PRONUNCIATION:
(KUHM-ing-tuh-nyt)

MEANING:
noun: A mineral, otherwise known as magnesium iron silicate hydroxide.

ETYMOLOGY:
Named after Cummington, Massachusetts, where it was discovered. Earliest documented use: 1824.

:cool:

Last edited:
The book on Iowa is out . Play man to man and let Garza get his points . Nobody else can hurt you

If Garza is truly the only guy on the team that can beat you, that's the worst game plan in the world. Why not try to shut down the one guy who can beat you and force the guys who can't beat you to beat you?

If Garza is truly the only guy on the team that can beat you, that's the worst game plan in the world. Why not try to shut down the one guy who can beat you and force the guys who can't beat you to beat you?
If you play zone to double team we have some players who can knock down open shots . Now teams are just playing man to man . Our offense now looks awful . Joe W is pitiful against good on ball defenders

If you play zone to double team we have some players who can knock down open shots . Now teams are just playing man to man . Our offense now looks awful . Joe W is pitiful against good on ball defenders
When Joe gets in funks like this he needs to do what I always implore Connor to do-take a smaller defender inside and post him up.

Perhaps they have already declared the paint to be Mr. Garza's Neighborhood. But even he occasionally roams the perimeter looking to shoot the three.

And what a huge three he made. At least as huge as the one he made to put Illinois to bed, probably bigger.

Our offense did look awful. But the W sure looked pretty, much better than the pretty 92-88 loss we absorbed up there last year or whatever it was.

Gritty, gutty effort to go up there shorthanded, get two points from Wiesy, and still find a way. I've seen us lose more than our share of those games for decades.

Last edited:
When Joe gets in funks like this he needs to do what I always implore Connor to do-take a smaller defender inside and post him up.

Perhaps they have already declared the paint to be Mr. Garza's Neighborhood. But even he occasionally roams the perimeter looking to shoot the three.

And what a huge three he made. At least as huge as the one he made to put Illinois to bed, probably bigger.

Our offense did look awful. But the W sure looked pretty, much better than the pretty 92-88 loss we absorbed up there last year or whatever it was.

Gritty, gutty effort to go up there shorthanded, get two points from Wiesy, and still find a way. I've seen us lose more than our share of those games for decades.
What's interesting is both the illinois game and the Minnesota game, Garza had a 3 go in and out right before making the 3. I'm pretty sure they were both back to back possessions. He has some serious stones.

What's interesting is both the illinois game and the Minnesota game, Garza had a 3 go in and out right before making the 3. I'm pretty sure they were both back to back possessions. He has some serious stones.
Shooters gotta shoot. Eventually they’ll fall.

When players get in funks like Joe’s in, there’s only one cure for it...Slump Buster!

I'm still trying to understand what I saw yesterday. What business did we have winning that game? And how do those refs still have jobs? JW only scoring 2 pts. Only Garza and Kreiner score in double figures and Kreiner barely did with 10 while shooting a terrible percentage. I can't understand how we came back and won that still. That whole game had me worked up.

At a timeout, I looked into the heavens, asked God for a miracle, and he delivered. Or was the visine I placed in my eyes? Either way I was looking up.
I admit I had my doubts and my stomach was all jacked up, but we pulled it out. We certainly did. Our kids need a good rest after that battle. Next up OSU.

This is his team. He knows it. His teammates know it...and more importantly embrace it.

Latest posts