Hawks cant handle illinois fans in carver

Or they bought the tickets under false pretenses pretending to be a boys and girls club charity and lied about it.

F those guys…same pos fans that told Kris to kill himself last year
They bought the tickets in October.... dont you think the rejects that run the ticket office should have done their so called validations when they issued the tickets? Either way, the rest of the college basketball world is laughing at iowa athletics. .. ..

They bought the tickets in October.... dont you think the rejects that run the ticket office should have done their so called validations when they issued the tickets? Either way, the rest of the college basketball world is laughing at iowa athletics. .. ..
Holy crap, looking at just your first page of post history, how have you not been banned yet?

Or they bought the tickets under false pretenses pretending to be a boys and girls club charity and lied about it.

F those guys…same pos fans that told Kris to kill himself last year
You should hear what I heard from Hawk fans at the football game this year.

That’s not how selling tickets works. If you think they have manpower to do some kind of “validation” of every group ticket buy you’re even dumber than you sound. Which is saying something.

They used a Boys and Girls club as a fake front to get cheaper tickets. Those students can eat shit and die.

Yea once they posed as boys&girls club all bets are off,they were refunded the money and those tickets were donated to an iowa Boys and girls club. Good job ticket office loser fake fan club got what they deserve.if they hadn’t lied and just bought tickets legitimately this is a non story. If I was part of orange crush I be pissed At whomever runs cuz that is probably is not the only dishonest thing he has done financially

Bunch of college kids having fun and got caught. IL fans are mostly laughing about getting caught.

My son as a student got tickets where they were back awhile where they were at home. Was more fun than a bunch of typical fans. Loud yes.. Heard nothing bad.

Yikes... and the douche bag(s) that did it admitted to having done it for years now. I suspect that'll get looked into. You're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars worth of fraud. I don't think this'll get swept under the rug.

Almost wish that the tickets would have been re-issued, only the seats would have been spaced far apart...........we could have looked at the crown and tried to spot them-kinda like a "Where's Waldo?" exercise!

Yikes... and the douche bag(s) that did it admitted to having done it for years now. I suspect that'll get looked into. You're talking about thousands and thousands of dollars worth of fraud. I don't think this'll get swept under the rug.

Good thing the US Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa is a double Hawkeye. Anyone know him? Westphal's his name. He might be interested in taking a gander at this one if the facts that the U asserts are true.

18 US Code 1343

"Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."

I saw on the national news that the cops in Iowa charged some lady with fraud the other day for lying about having pancreatic cancer to get donations online. My asshole would be puckered really tight right now if I was the kid who ordered those tickets and I'd be begging the student association to just let this thing go. If these guys really ordered the tickets and got a discount by lying about being a charity this would be a case with about a 99.999% conviction rate given the ease of proving who did it based on IP addresses, email addresses and credit card information. Hell, if they've done it before and there are multiple involved there might be enough there to even bring RICO charges. I would probably exercise discretion if I was the US Attorney and just send them a very fvcking curt letter and give them a chance to atone.

Every American should really read the book "Three Felonies A Day."

Good thing the US Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa is a double Hawkeye. Anyone know him? Westphal's his name. He might be interested in taking a gander at this one if the facts that the U asserts are true.

18 US Code 1343

"Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."

I saw on the national news that the cops in Iowa charged some lady with fraud the other day for lying about having pancreatic cancer to get donations online. My asshole would be puckered really tight right now if I was the kid who ordered those tickets and I'd be begging the student association to just let this thing go. If these guys really ordered the tickets and got a discount by lying about being a charity this would be a case with about a 99.999% conviction rate given the ease of proving who did it based on IP addresses, email addresses and credit card information. Hell, if they've done it before and there are multiple involved there might be enough there to even bring RICO charges. I would probably exercise discretion if I was the US Attorney and just send them a very fvcking curt letter and give them a chance to atone.

Every American should really read the book "Three Felonies A Day."
Um, I kind of see what you are saying, but don't you think expending federal resources to prosecute a student pep group who itself is a registered charity, all for trying to sneak into a rivals BB game in mass and at a slightly discounted rate might be a smidge overkill?

This was pretty harmless. They got caught. Now they are out bus fare. I think Karma has been satisfied and there is no need to throw a bunch of 19 year old kids in the pokey for a college caper. They are kids. Hell, I am impressed a bunch of Gen Zers had the industriousness to almost pull this off. :)

Latest posts