Hawks 2 Point Favorites vs MSU

Hawk1960

Vegas has the Hawks as a 2 point favorite over MSU on the opening line today. OSU is a 4 point favorite at Northwestern.

There is no doubt in my mind that OSU's complete second units on both offense and defense are better than half of the B10 teams' first teams. OSU has just a ton of talent. Now, it doesn't mean you can't beat them...but they need to help you a little...ie turnovers.

There is no doubt in my mind that OSU's complete second units on both offense and defense are better than half of the B10 teams' first teams. OSU has just a ton of talent. Now, it doesn't mean you can't beat them...but they need to help you a little...ie turnovers.

I got a different impression after watching them against Wisky. Miller was certainly a difference maker but at all other positions, tOSU at best matched the Badgers. That doesn't equal the kind of depth you imply. Meyer has done his utmost to give the impression of a top-5 team but there are 10-15 teams better than them...but to your point, they are still the team to beat in the B1G. On a related note-- in the long run, I expect the bucks to miss Tressel ball.

I got a different impression after watching them against Wisky. Miller was certainly a difference maker but at all other positions, tOSU at best matched the Badgers. That doesn't equal the kind of depth you imply. Meyer has done his utmost to give the impression of a top-5 team but there are 10-15 teams better than them...but to your point, they are still the team to beat in the B1G. On a related note-- in the long run, I expect the bucks to miss Tressel ball.

This. Braxton Miller is one of the 5 best players in the country, but the rest of that team is average (by OSU standards) at best. I honestly have trouble naming anybody on that team besides the two quarterbacks, and I don't know if I've ever been able to say that about an OSU team before.

oh, you mean he needs remedial lessons in clock management too? I'm hoping our coach took those classes during the off season. thanks Walker.

Vegas has the Hawks as a 2 point favorite over MSU on the opening line today. OSU is a 4 point favorite at Northwestern.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this line change quite a bit towards OSU. I would imagine a LOT of money gets laid on OSU at -4.

I'm not sure if I was watching the same game as everyone else last night, but OSU's defense didn't impress me all that much against Wisconsin.

Their defense hasn't been overly impressive all year long. Urban Meyer is always known for his offenses. That much is apparent.

Tressel built his team around defense. The other team can't win if they can't score.

We have been favorites in every game. We most likely will be in 9 of our games. Not necessarily an indication of what the outcome of the games should be, but We were also projected favorites in 9+ games last year before the year started too.

I think we still have 3 losses left in us.... dont know against who, but 8-4 is ok by me.

I am getting tired of people saying OSU is overrated, they are a great team with great talent and coach. They can be beaten but you need to play a great game.

I am getting tired of people saying OSU is overrated, they are a great team with great talent and coach. They can be beaten but you need to play a great game.

I agree, OSU is head and shoulders above everyone else in the B1G right now.

Clay Travis, who I assume some of you are familiar with, has been posting articles about SEC power rankings and including OSU in them. He has not one time included them in his top 10 overall or his top 5 in his SEC for that matter. Kind of blows me away how their national perception is so bad. They have won 17 in a row. I think it's time for them to get respect.

The article: Starting 11: How Good Is LSU Edition? : Outkick The Coverage

Latest posts