Hawkeyes No. 19 in AP, No. 21 Coaches this Week

It shows how hard it is to win in basketball. On an average week, probably 10 top 25 teams lose. I bet we are really close to top 10 if we somehow win the next 2.

Next 3. Beating Minny won't do anything to move the ranking.

Next 3. Beating Minny won't do anything to move the ranking.

But losing to them will. We play 2 games before the new rankings come out. Winning against Michigan state would do a lot. Beating Minnesota would prevent a loss before the new rankings come out.

We shall see tonight, is Terry the Terrapin a contender or pretender?

Will their bigs draw the early wrath of B1G officials, alllowing little Tommy to open the traditional 15 pt Breslin first half lead.

Spartans taking care of business in Lansing

Held them to 20 points in the first half

Score 31-20

Wrong time for the Spartans to be playing at tournament level

Last edited:
I refuse to get excited about the Hawks until they beat Mich. St. I've had my heart broken too many times with Fran's teams.

I refuse to get excited about the Hawks until they beat Mich. St. I've had my heart broken too many times with Fran's teams.

That seems silly to be excited about the Hawks only if they beat a top 10 team. Basketball is a sport where even the best teams lose.

That seems silly to be excited about the Hawks only if they beat a top 10 team. Basketball is a sport where even the best teams lose.
A win against Mich St would tell me that they are actually good. A loss, especially a bad loss would tell me that they are just another Fran team choking in January.

Next 3-4 games, opportunity for Iowa to succeed and to move up the list of "places to visit" for some of the top national recruits.

I think this year is huge for recruiting. Getting into the NCAA as an automatic with a nice little run in the NCAA could really play big dividends. That with the style of play Fran's teams play. Iowa is at the tipping point now as far as the program ramping up or sliding to the abyss. This is a critical season, IMO.