Hawkeyes in the XFL

I found myself watching the XFL yesterday and was mildly entertained. The try for the point after is becoming a nuisance and I'm thinking they should bring the kick back, perhaps make it a 40 yard attempt. Go back to 2 points from the 2 and make the try from 5 yard line worth 3. Maybe make a 4 point try from the 20.

That QB that plays for Houston (Murry?) is sure fun to watch. I love watching QB's that can run AND throw.
PJ Walker. Played at Temple. He and Cardale Jones are clearly the class of the league so far.

I love the kickoff. Kicker at hos 35. Rest of team at receiving 35. Return team at their 30. No one moves until the receiver catches the ball. It is the best anti-injury fix to the kickoff Ive seen.

And the punting rule. If your kick goes in the end zone the other team gets it at the 35.

Im okay with the XP right now. I think the coaches are in an adjustment period trying to figure it out.
I imagine they will.

Its a fun little league with some quality players.

When the NBA last locked out a few years ago and the season started on Christmas day, I thought that might work to move the opening day to Christmas on a permanent basis. Too much of the NBA season gets overshadowed by NFL and NCAA football.

You could fill the dead time in June and July with a summer of NBA playoffs. Start them on Memorial Day weekend. And wrap things up around the third week of July or so, just in time to give way to NFL training camps and baseball pennant races.

Yea, that might help the NBA a bit, but there are many like me who could give a rip about watching the NBA anymore. If they did what you propose, I honestly don't think it would get me to turn the channel to an NBA game any more. This is just me though.

I used to watch the playoffs but that is even going by the wayside. I did watch last years semifinals and finals as I had interest in Toronto and Nick Nurse. Honestly, they should start around Christmas-time as would be great time of year and festive. They really need a shorter season. It gets looooong in the tooth and that doesn't help the NBA. I know they have to get all those games in to pay the high salaries, but it is waaaay toooo long.

The NBA has to take steps to help themselves like move the start of the season back so NCAA and NFL doesn't interfere. That is on them to do. They are the odd one out.

Latest posts