Hawkeyes in NFL camps

Josh Jackson is the one who's disappointed me. He's played his way out of two organizations. If he can accept special teams roles and that he's a corner and not a safety at this level, perhaps he can stick with Arizona.

Not far behind is AJ Epenesa. He's in his third season with a team that should be forcing opponents to throw often. Time to put up or shut up.

James Daniels has a huuuuuuuge opportunity now that he's gone from one of the worst organizations in the NFL ro one of the best. He could really breakout this year.

Last edited:
Josh Jackson is the one who's disappointed me. He's played his way out of two organizations. If he can accept special teams roles and that he's a corner and not a safety at this level, perhaps he can stick with Arizona.

Not far behind is AJ Epenesa. He's in his third season with a team that should be forcing opponents to throw often. Time to put up or shut up.

James Daniels has a huuuuuuuge opportunity now that he's gone from one of the worst organizations in the NFL ro one of the best. He could really breakout this year.
AJ is a victim of being on a team that doesn't run the defense he's best suited to. And now that Von Miller is in town and will likely move to RDE (he's even listed there by the Bills), AJ's gonna ride the pine. His best bet is to get to a team that can use his playing style.

I think it's Nixons time to shine or not too. He's in a good spot for him to and last yr he was hurt. Hope he can nail down his spot in this league cause I think he can

Guys like Matt Nelson and Parker Hesse blow my mind. Playing opposite sides of the LOS from what they did in college. They not only have done it for a little bit now they've hung around like 4 yrs which is past the average career length. Couple cool stories those two dudes have

AJ is a victim of being on a team that doesn't run the defense he's best suited to. And now that Von Miller is in town and will likely move to RDE (he's even listed there by the Bills), AJ's gonna ride the pine. His best bet is to get to a team that can use his playing style.
Miller's career looked over for a bit there but he was able to play a full season split between two teams in '21.

Do you think AJ would be better suited as an OLB in a 3-4? Just looking for your input.

Miller's career looked over for a bit there but he was able to play a full season split between two teams in '21.

Do you think AJ would be better suited as an OLB in a 3-4? Just looking for your input.
Ironically (since Von Miller is with the Bills now), I think AJ would be best suited in the role that Miller left in Denver like you described. An OLB in a 3-4 is pretty much an edge rusher hybrid.