Hawkeyes Head to Wisconsin Seeking Revenge, Bounce-Back

Big opportunity for Iowa to beat a team and program that has jumped them.

A good watershed game to see what Iowa is made of, deep down.

This is the first 20-game conference season. The mentality it takes to try just as hard every game at the end of the season may not be there unless there is some critical element to the that particular game. Rutgers was really pissed by the way they loss the game in Jersey. They were so jacked up in CHA that they exerted every last bit of energy to beat us. Minnesota beating Purdue last night is another example. The Gophers just punched their ticket to the Dance.

I bring this up because I really don't see Iowa nearly as jacked up as Rutgers or Minnesota. The Michigan win was our total effort game. As a team, I think the Hawkeyes are pretty self-contented, perhaps subconsciously thinking they have overachieved. They are definitely going to play in the NCAA Tournament and these last two games won't determine if they get one bye or two byes in the Conference tournament.

I really hope they PLAY like revenge is a factor but I think the effort will be more along the line of wishing and hoping the 3-point shooting improves enough to offset the porous defense.

i'm not holding my breath. this season has been different is some respects, but a repeat in others. i mean we just got smoked at home by RU. at home. if they can't fight at home to overcome Fran being suspended, i'm not all that inclined to believe they'll do it @WUs. we shall see.

I’m not even a little bit worried about this team ROS. Here are some numbers.

Season 3% - 36.7

Garza - 30.0
JB - 39.4
JW - 43.9
Moss - 43.3
Baer - 36.6
Kriener- 34.8

Last 4 games...1-3 - 29.3 (best being 31.6)
RUT/OSU/IN/MD

4 Games prior...4-0 - 42.9 (worst being 38.1)
RUT/NW/IN/MI

RUT & IN are in both groups. MI is better than MD. NW isn’t as good as OSU (with their best player).

We have gone cold from 3. When we make our threes we typically win. When we miss our threes we typically lose. And I’m not buying the grabbing, bumping,physical play, etc. arguments. Moss put up a wide open air ball. JB has missed open looks.

I may be the exception but I still think all 6 of those guys are decent to very good 3 point shooters. And I don’t think we are going to shoot 29.3 over the next 4 games. And I’m confident we will be 3-1 or 4-0 if we shoot 42.9 over the next 4.

Big opportunity for Iowa to beat a team and program that has jumped them.

A good watershed game to see what Iowa is made of, deep down.

This is for real, win or lose tonight - I want to see the team come out and compete and have a shot at it when the game is on the line. If you lose that way, on the road against a good team on their senior night - ya know, it's not the end of the world. But if you play like a team that has no urgency, chemistry or fire - that's gonna dampen my mood the next few weeks. They can erase a lot of narratives floating around tonight and I for one will be rooting hard for them to do it.

This is for real, win or lose tonight - I want to see the team come out and compete and have a shot at it when the game is on the line. If you lose that way, on the road against a good team on their senior night - (1)ya know, it's not the end of the world. But if you play like a team that has no urgency, chemistry or fire - that's gonna dampen my mood the next few weeks. They can (2) erase a lot of narratives floating around tonight and I for one will be rooting hard for them to do it.

(1) Now you're just screwin with me.

(2) it won't - the only thing that will erase the narrative that matters is a run in the dance - you're either relevant or irrelevant. There's no trophy for "kids who make me feel good about next year"

(1) Now you're just screwin with me.

(2) it won't - the only thing that will erase the narrative that matters is a run in the dance - you're either relevant or irrelevant. There's no trophy for "kids who make me feel good about next year"

Losing on the road to the Net #15 in college basketball is not the end of the world. For ANY team - Duke, Gonzaga - any team. There is no SHAME at all in losing tonight. Not 1 bit. See, that's what you're doing here. You have an unrealistic expectation so you can be disappointed and fabricate bullshit that any other team in the country wouldn't catch flak for. Want to beat them up for losing at home to Rutgers? Go right ahead, they deserve it, but losing tonight is not the end of the world. Iowa is close to a double digit dog tonight, a win there is not only improbable, it will take a miracle. But the narrative is they are on some sort of end of the season slide that happens every season and a win tonight will undoubtedly erase that bull shit notion.

This is for real, win or lose tonight - I want to see the team come out and compete and have a shot at it when the game is on the line. If you lose that way, on the road against a good team on their senior night - ya know, it's not the end of the world. But if you play like a team that has no urgency, chemistry or fire - that's gonna dampen my mood the next few weeks. They can erase a lot of narratives floating around tonight and I for one will be rooting hard for them to do it.
The Bright Lights Are On!!! Showtime Hawks, let's see what you got. Which direction are you trending.

7.5 seems high to me.

But I have no confidence Iowa is looking at this game like Rut was looking at Iowa.

Take care of home business and Iowa is top4 in BTT and minimum #4 seed in DM.

I have a feeling that the Ohio State and Rutgers games have captured the attention of the Lads

They should be ready to play and they do play well at Kohl

They know that they should have won the first game and it took a couple of miracle threes by the Badgers to give them the victory

Ohio State and Rutgers were playing for the SuperBowl against the Hawks. It gave both teams an opportuinity to beat a ranked team and revenge for the earlier losses. Ohio State looked like a pile of dawgshite at NW last night, but everything they tossed toward the basket went in at Colmbus, same thing for the Scarlet Knights at Carver. They played over their heads with intensity and purpose and the Hawks couldn't match that factor

We have had so many shots roll off the rim the past few games that it is painful to watch, several every game and the threes are really off. We can't seem to get a decent open shot any more. We Must nail the threes and make the bunnies tonight. We do and Victory is ours

All we have to do is win one of the last two regular season games and we have the easiest path to advance in the BTT. Ohio State blew it last night. They only had one FG around the ten minute mark in the first half last night at NW. Minnesota beat Purdue at home and have to beat the Terps at their house. That is unlikely, but we have our fate in our hands, win one and we will be alright

A hard fought close game win or lose will renew my faith in the team tonight

Money coming in on the Hawkeyes. Spread down to 6.5.
Sounds like more bettors are putting money on the Iowa team that shows up wanting to play defense. If it is the "jogging/reaching" team that appears in Madison, well, that won't end well for those who put down $$$ on the Hawks.

We will see if the heart is still in it.

Latest posts