Hawkeyes Camp Video

Am I wrong to suggest this is the coolest thing our athletic dept has done to date? That showed me more the the BTN crew could muster. That throw from cjb to vandenberg was sick.

Great video. Probably a little strategy involved here too. They made a point to show the offense making some plays. That has to help their confidence after everyone has been ragging on them after Kids Day. A couple of the players did say the offense has had their days and this video proves those comments were truthful.

I like the way CJB leads. That accuracy competition was a neat little drill.

Watching Ryan Boyle throughout HS at Dowling, I always saw him as a safety at Iowa. Smart, tough, athletic. The next Sean Considine. After watching him throw in the accuracy drill in this video (pretty sure he's 11), I feel even stronger about this. He has the same throwing motion as Taylor Martinez. Doesn't mean he can't be an effective QB, but I think we could use him and his talent sooner on defense. Anyone else see this?

I think Weigers looks pretty damn good. I've been petty impressed with him for a RS freshmen. He will have three years after CJ...he's impressive.

Am I wrong to suggest this is the coolest thing our athletic dept has done to date? That showed me more the the BTN crew could muster. That throw from cjb to vandenberg was sick.

CJB had some good hilite throws in that video. Not sure if he threw the INT. CJ looked good in that throwing accuracy competition and he has really good speed on his throws. He could be just a natural who has honed his skills.

some good holding on our blockers in the video, "We need to clean that up" (couldnt help it).

I am optimistic that this offense might be above avg for a KF team.

Watching Ryan Boyle throughout HS at Dowling, I always saw him as a safety at Iowa. Smart, tough, athletic. The next Sean Considine. After watching him throw in the accuracy drill in this video (pretty sure he's 11), I feel even stronger about this. He has the same throwing motion as Taylor Martinez. Doesn't mean he can't be an effective QB, but I think we could use him and his talent sooner on defense. Anyone else see this?

It's an interesting point but it seems we have a lot of young talent already in the safety position, Myles Taylor (SO) and Brandon Snyder (RS FR). Myles is already starting and there is a decent chance both may start next year. Of course you can never have to much young talent in any position but this is the only spot, other then linebacker, I see us having this much young talent on the field. With only four QB's on the roster I'm sure if they make the move it wouldn't happen until at least next year when that kid from Wisconsin comes in.

He's a true freshman. Long ways to go. He's been asked about the possibility of changing positions before and I believe his response was a laugh and a quote about not playing on the defensive side of the ball since the 7th grade. Personally, I hope they keep him at QB and give him time to develop. He brings an athleticism to the QB position that Iowa hasn't had in a long time.

He's a true freshman. Long ways to go. He's been asked about the possibility of changing positions before and I believe his response was a laugh and a quote about not playing on the defensive side of the ball since the 7th grade. Personally, I hope they keep him at QB and give him time to develop. He brings an athleticism to the QB position that Iowa hasn't had in a long time.

It depends......If Iowa incorporates more zone read into their offense, then yeah, I hope he sticks it out. Otherwise, i am open for him switching positions. Right now he feels like a Kansas St QB, a big strong dude with limited passing skills. Hypothetical, if Mark Stoops is the HC in a couple of years and based on what he likes to run on offense Boyle could be his ideal trigger guy.

Awesome video. And a tip of the hat to the marketing/athletic for coming out with another smart move. They have been much more miss than hit in the past, that you gotta give it to em when they do do a good job somewhere.

CJB had some good hilite throws in that video. Not sure if he threw the INT. CJ looked good in that throwing accuracy competition and he has really good speed on his throws. He could be just a natural who has honed his skills.

some good holding on our blockers in the video, "We need to clean that up" (couldnt help it).

I am optimistic that this offense might be above avg for a KF team.

The pass that Draper picked off was from Wieger's at Kids Day.

Awesome find 1982!! You are now my favorite poster! How did you find this? Seems a little too close for KF liking. Odd he let that coverage out. Excellent find!

Follow Hawkeye Football on Twitter or Facebook... or both. These are marketing videos. They don't hide them. They are meant to reach the public.

I really like the job that both the coaches and players are doing in camp. That is the way to prepare to be the best!

Latest posts