Hawkeyes add '19 Walk-On Guard

Wow, 55% from the arch this season??? I seen 1 article mention he had a scholarship offer to play at Wayne State. The Dakota schools were interested, Drake has been mentioned, but he must not have had any D1 offers.

How does that work with our current walk ons? Does one get shown the door?
Baer is probably getting Baers scholly… JK I have no idea what the answer to your question is. I have no clue how many walk ons a program can have for one thing I'm curious to know what this.

If your adding a walk on that can put the ball in the basket like that I can't see that being a bad thing. Can we get him open to do that at this level so he can have an impact

I could see Till getting minutes at a mid major if he wanted an opportunity to play or be on scholarship potentially. Till played some solid minutes this year when we got in foul trouble early in the year. Not saying that I have any inside knowledge. But our frontcourt will be full next year with Nunge and Pemsl back. Plus PMac. But maybe he just really likes Iowa and doesn't want to leave. I could see all of the other walk ons leaving as well.

Couldn’t get a shot off against N Scott.
Chubby and somewhat mouthy.
Walk-on.
That's what I worry about any 6'2 and under white kid especially one that is walking on. I'm fired up for any kid that can hit shots. We've had lots of those in the past. Too many to start rattling off but they couldn't get open often enough or play defense well enough to make an impact. This kid is a walk on so by no means am I piling on him at all I'm glad he's going to come on board. Just have expectations in proper perspective is all.

That's what I worry about any 6'2 and under white kid especially one that is walking on. I'm fired up for any kid that can hit shots. We've had lots of those in the past. Too many to start rattling off but they couldn't get open often enough or play defense well enough to make an impact. This kid is a walk on so by no means am I piling on him at all I'm glad he's going to come on board. Just have expectations in proper perspective is all.
Agree. Shooting is one thing. Getting your shot off against Big Ten competition is an entirely different thing. Hope it works out for him.

Agree. Shooting is one thing. Getting your shot off against Big Ten competition is an entirely different thing. Hope it works out for him.

Never paid much attention, but just watched some highlights. It looks like everything in his game is a bit slow and his highlights don't show him raining in bombs from crazy deep as much as toeing the line. That said, everything looks smooth and easy for him and you never know how a guy might develop. Especially one with the coordination to shoot 50+% from deep all 4 years of HS. Glad to have him and I hope at the very least he rains in 3's during late game blowouts the next 4 years.

Quickness, handles, and speed. That's what we need. Not another Devon Bawinkel. ;)

Only half kidding. I do appreciate that he would walk on at Iowa when he could get a scholarship elsewhere