Hawkeyes add '19 Walk-On Guard

I do not believe there is a numbers limit for walk-ons. The only restriction is 13 scholarship players.

If you get in-game contributions from walk-ons, it's gravy. Most of these guys come in and bust their asses on the scout team in practice. It's also added numbers in case of injury, like when Pemsl, Fredrick and Nunge were sidelined at different times this season.

It is SAD when posters on this site can/will trash a walk on , he is taking no ones scholly , just walking on to the basketball team of a school he wants to attend , whats next , are we going to start bashing student managers
Where is the trash talking??

It is SAD when posters on this site can/will trash a walk on , he is taking no ones scholly , just walking on to the basketball team of a school he wants to attend , whats next , are we going to start bashing student managers

I'd have almost killed to have been good enough to walk on at Iowa. Best of luck to him.

Think he's following the Baer trail, thinking maybe he could get a schollie eventually.

I had this as my #1 priority for Fran this year. Upgrade our walk-on players...they are killing us and probably cost us 3-4 wins this year. It's about time he started paying attention. Now if he would only following the remaining priorities.

1) Upgrade walk-on players
2) Use more fragrant cakes in the urinals in the lockerroom
3) Put "I'm in it for ME" on our warm up gear.
4) Explain what a curl is to Bohannon.
5) Explain to Cook that turnovers are bad.