Hawkeyes -7 v. Nebraska

It's true, Hesse is a solid player but he's also primarily responsible for 2 of the biggest plays of the year that could have resulted in 2 wins rather than losses. The first, at Penn St., he got absolutely hammered to the middle of the line which allowed a crippled McSorley to run 50 yds for a TD at a key point in the game; at Purdue, if he would have strung out the Boilers' 4th and 2 QB run with 2 min to play -- as all the other D-linemen did -- they probably stop Blough and win that game. Sounds like a great young man, and he's also WON games for Iowa over the years -- I think he was the guy who tipped a Neb pass to himself and scored a TD in LIncoln in a defensive slugfest -- but boy those 2 plays really hurt this year.

That's true. The Iowa coaches sometimes intentionally try to lose. It's crazy.
Lol Rob is such a brown noser. Probably taking the coaching staff out for a steak dinner tonight. What kind of comment is that? Should someone tell Rob to log out of his official account and log into the troll account?

I just wish someone in the press conference room (preferably someone retiring) would ask Kirk, "So which is it, were you holding a petty immature grudge against Noah for something his brother said, or are you actually that stupid and inept offensively to not play your two best offensive weapons?"
Bingo.....and why the change of strategy the next week and play the kid.....,,

You shouldn't have a problem at all finding Nebraska +7. It's moved up to 7.5 and 8 in some places. I think you should bet everything you own.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post so let me get this straight, Rob. Every QB under KF has gone negative number of wins when named the opening day starter for the second time and you are telling your readers that NS will break that streak and at least win as many as year 1? And to bet everything you own? Considering that Tate was -3, Stanzi -3, Rudock -1 and Beathard -3.5, it might be wise to hang on to your tighty-whities

dUNfGkI.gif

What’s new another shitty weather game in kinnick. This fall has sucked
Brings back memories of 1985. That Michigan State game, played in early October, was barely 50 degrees.

The Michigan game. It rained all night and all morning and didn't stop until just before game time. Still cold and damp.

Cold and windy for the 59-0 Illinois game.

The final against Minnesota may have been the most unpleasant of all. It was in the low to mid twenties with a thin layer of snow and ice on the field.

I wasn't at the Minnesota game but it looked cold just watching it.

It's true, Hesse is a solid player but he's also primarily responsible for 2 of the biggest plays of the year that could have resulted in 2 wins rather than losses. The first, at Penn St., he got absolutely hammered to the middle of the line which allowed a crippled McSorley to run 50 yds for a TD at a key point in the game; at Purdue, if he would have strung out the Boilers' 4th and 2 QB run with 2 min to play -- as all the other D-linemen did -- they probably stop Blough and win that game. Sounds like a great young man, and he's also WON games for Iowa over the years -- I think he was the guy who tipped a Neb pass to himself and scored a TD in LIncoln in a defensive slugfest -- but boy those 2 plays really hurt this year.
I would guess we run the hybrid package.
I would also guess we come out with two te or just shy of the jumbo.
We need to drive the ball from the start. Hopefully we get to defer.
You know they are going to be amped because they can't stand the thought of losing to us and they are feeling pretty cocky about the MSU game.
I think the key, and I hate to say it, is to come out and play in a phone booth on both sides. Contain and get some pressure on one side and play hard nosed hard running on the other. They will be expecting that however, so have some other calls available to mix in at the right time.
If our D can force punts and we create holes like last week, we should be good.
HOWEVER, you have to be willing to adapt the game plan and see what is going on and take the shots when available, because 14 point lead on anyone isn't that much.
Here's to seeing if our D can pitch 3 shut outs in 1 year!!!!! (MSU held them under 10). They do and they will go down in history as something extremely special. They predicate there O on speed, use it against them.
Be sound in tackling!!!! If we get in a tight spot, don't be afraid to use a to, (they run speed and timing) those games can sometimes mean more defensive to than o timeouts.
Basically be flexible.

Last edited:
FWIW Eppy still needs improvment when it comes to setting a consistent edge. Martinez could make him pay dearly for that.

We can't let him get loose and extend drives. Hes the only hope they've got.

Isnt that kind of like not playing Banks or Stanley because of pics or not knowing where to run?

Isnt that kind of like not playing Banks or Stanley because of pics or not knowing where to run?
If Eppy plays like he did against Illinois I'll live with the occasional edge breakdowns.

But, unlike Illinois, our next opponent has a QB who can keep plays alive he if he gets outside contain. Look at how many plays Drew Tate made by getting outside contain.

Our defense is designed to keep QB's in the pocket. We keep Martinez in there and they have little or no chance.

Stuff like this makes me sick.

A damn 12 year old knows to use the 2 best TEs in the nation as much together as possible.

Unless you get butthurt from a tweet from a players brother.

I really am sick and tired of KF.

Please don't get too sick over it. Illinois is not good at playing football

LOL all you guys that are fearing a 4 win Nebby team. I'll only fear if I see the Iowa v NW version show up on Fri. That team could lose a tight one. If a motivated Sr Day team shows up, we win 10+ pts.

Brings back memories of 1985. That Michigan State game, played in early October, was barely 50 degrees.

The Michigan game. It rained all night and all morning and didn't stop until just before game time. Still cold and damp.

Cold and windy for the 59-0 Illinois game.

The final against Minnesota may have been the most unpleasant of all. It was in the low to mid twenties with a thin layer of snow and ice on the field.

I wasn't at the Minnesota game but it looked cold just watching it.
Your post reminded me of this (to paraphrase) - I knew the 1985 team, and 2018 team, you're no 1985 team.

LOL all you guys that are fearing a 4 win Nebby team. I'll only fear if I see the Iowa v NW version show up on Fri. That team could lose a tight one. If a motivated Sr Day team shows up, we win 10+ pts.
It won't matter which team shows up. Nebraska's defense is an embarrassment, and their offense won't score any more on Iowa than they did against MSU. Hawks by 30.

Latest posts