Hawkeyeinsider just tweeted ARob out for saturday

Sorry, having ARob out is no blessing...period. We have to win this game,and he is about the best rb in the league right now. It also could mean that his head injury is more serious than first thought and could mean he is out indefinitely. I will not relax until ARob is back in the starting lineup.

Meanwhile, we have frosh rb who runs upright and is going to be a target for defenders trying to put a helmet on the ball or stripping him. Last year Iowa almost lost the ballgame due to turnovers ..in Kinnick. We lost to IU in 06 and 07, and almost lost last year. They have our number lately. We need all hands on deck.
I think this just became a much closer game....hope the Hawks can pull it out. IU is playing for their coaches job and a bowl..they will be ready to go. If the Hawks get behind,look out.

Don't think I'm in the "blessing in disguise" camp but pretty sure I'm in the "just hold onto the ball" following. Coker likes to keep pushing for those extra yards which can be risky sometimes.

If the OL performs well as they have been we should be OK with the run. We need to eat up clock and reduce the time their offense sees the field.

and you don't think good ole brewster wasn't playng to keep his job? really, going to compare 06 and 07 when we sucked fatties those 2 years? also last year-- yeah, that was last year--- but oddly enough when stanzi wasn't throwing into hurricane winds in the 4th quarter crap hit the fan for IU---- yeah, sorry, but this is a far inferior oppenent who certainly is going to play to win, just like MN will, but we should have no problem beating IU, even if we just have to air it out--- good lord, if stanzi hasn't proven anything over 8 football games then we have serious confidence issues!!

look at IU defensive #"s--- they are the 2nd worst defense in the league!

as far as concerns on the fumble and coker, those are legitimate, so let's go with Rogers and O'mera, we just need enough of a run game to set up play action....

if this is a close game and we loose or squick out with anything less than 10 points i will be VERY surprised!!!

Sorry, having ARob out is no blessing...period. We have to win this game,and he is about the best rb in the league right now. It also could mean that his head injury is more serious than first thought and could mean he is out indefinitely. I will not relax until ARob is back in the starting lineup.

Meanwhile, we have frosh rb who runs upright and is going to be a target for defenders trying to put a helmet on the ball or stripping him. Last year Iowa almost lost the ballgame due to turnovers ..in Kinnick. We lost to IU in 06 and 07, and almost lost last year. They have our number lately. We need all hands on deck.
I think this just became a much closer game....hope the Hawks can pull it out. IU is playing for their coaches job and a bowl..they will be ready to go. If the Hawks get behind,look out.

+1. Never a blessing in disguise to have a student athlete injured, much less a starter. I hope his injury is not more serious than disclosed.

Blessing in disguise? Really guys? A head injury to one of our best players....who has two years of eligibility left is never a blessing. Hopefully this is the only concussion he has in his career, but this is the type of injury that is more likely to reoccur down the road and could cut a career short. I hope he never has another one, for ARob's health and the excitement of seeing him develop over the next two years.

"+1. Never a blessing in disguise to have a student athlete injured, much less a starter. I hope his injury is not more serious than disclosed. "

i can only clarify for myself here, but that is certainly not the blessing in disguise intention i was referring, I was referring regarding giving Robinson time to get healthy and playing time for a rookie in about the only big 10 game where you could give a rookie good experience with out really jeopardizing the game spread--- I.E. Robinson vs OSU-- iowa can win by say 7--- Coker VS OSU-- iowa may win, but not likely....

where as Robinson VS IU--- we win by 47 points--- Coker VS IU--we win by 31 points...

i hope that help with my 'blessing in disguise' reference......

"

where as Robinson VS IU--- we win by 47 points--- Coker VS IU--we win by 31 points...

i hope that help with my 'blessing in disguise' reference......

kirk would take a knee before we could ever dream of being up by 47....
not bashing, just saying

"kirk would take a knee before we could ever dream of being up by 47....
not bashing, just saying"

LOL! touche man, very true, just wanted to more or less make a point of reference!

kirk would take a knee before we could ever dream of being up by 47....
not bashing, just saying

really? we beat minny 55-0 in '08. It is not out of the question what so ever that we could hang 50+ on them. Do you remember when they couldn't stop our running game the last time we were in bloomington? I think Hampton scored three times and had 100+ yards as the second option.

I suggest Indiana's defense ice's themselves BEFORE the game. Coker AND rogers will each have 80+ yards, and Stanzi 200-250 yds and 4 tds. i think it will be 49-14

Latest posts