HawkeyeBBall - LET'S HEAR IT!

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
You were going to give us the low down on the latest Illinois HS game you watched involving Richardson.

Speak!

I had it in the other thread, but here's what I said.

Waukegan did beat Deerfield in OT. Waukegan gave up an 11 point lead with 3 minutes left due to the selfish, superstar mentality of Jereme Richmond. Like I said, he is by far the best athlete in IL in the 2010 class, however, he is the most immature, attitude problem, primadonna in the 2010 class. If he pulls half of the junk he pulled last night, he will get broken in half by opposing player in the Big Ten. He pranced around all of warm-ups, taunted all game, and most importantly yelled at the refs like it was his job. It was like he acted as if he was "too good for this." If you visit the chicagohoops.com forum, you will see these posts:

"You were NOT kidding about the refs. These guys lost control of everything and had no clue what was going on. I don't think they hurt one team more than the other, but they were just clueless out there. Deerfield had a 4-1 fastbreak and a ref calls a foul on Richmond in the backcourt, taking away a fast break hoop and I don't even know if Richmond actually committed a foul or not."

"I'VE WATCHED HS BASKETBALL FOR ABOUT 40 YEARS AND I CAN'T SAY I'VE EVER SEEN A ZEBRA CREW AS BAD AS THE ONE CHOSEN TO CALL THE CSL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LAST NIGHT. THE WERE HORRIBLE BOTH WAYS. THE IHSA SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR THERE CHOICE OF OFFICIALS. I CANT COUNT THE NUMBER OF BOTCHED CALLS MADE."

That is just a sampling of what took place. There was 2 sets of rules for the teams. Waukegan would get babied by the refs as they would yell at them, while the second Deerfield look crosseyed at them, it would be a T.

Jereme Richmond at one point walked over to his coach, who was yelling at the ref, told him to stop yelling as he walked between the two, then IMMEDIATELY, turned to the ref and started yelling and wagging his finger in his face. It was an embarrassment to have a crew that has done IHSA State Final games let this happen.

He also tried to antagonize Deerfield's players on multiple occasions looking for a fight. The kid is a punk and has a rude awaking coming. I cannot wait until he is put in his place.

All of that, it was a great comeback by Deerfield as Duje Dukan (Wisconsin) was on the bench almost half of the game with foul trouble. He hit a running, fade, body moving, throw up in air shot at the buzzer to force overtime. I went looking for a fun game to watch and no rooting interest, but the events that occured throughout the game, I had no choice but to throw the towel in Deerfield's corner and go all out. Unfortunate that they couldn't pull it out, but the game did not lack excitement or drama.

Ok, so I found these pictures...Just priceless and shows the amount of respect he has for people and how he thinks about himself!

wauk%20051.jpg

wauk%20067.jpg

wauk%20068.jpg

wauk%20087.jpg

wauk%20091.jpg

wauk%20108.jpg

wauk%20109.jpg

Latest posts