Hawkeye NFL roster

theboat

All this talk about the former hawks in the playoffs got me thinking. Could I actually put together a team with former Hawkeyes?

QB:
RB: Shonn Greene, Ladell Betts, Albert Young
FB:
WR:
TE: Dallas Clark, Scott Chandler, Brandon Myers
T: Marshall Yanda, (Bulaga)
G: Eric Steinbach, Seth Olsen, Mike Goff, Robert Gallery
C: Case Wiegmann, Rob Bruggeman
DE: Kenny Iwebema, Jared Devries, Aaron Kampman
DT: Jonathan Babineaux, Matt Kroul, Colin Cole, Mitch King
LB: Matt Roth, Chad Greenway, Abdul Hodge, (Angerer, Edds)
CB: Charles Godfrey, Benny Sapp, Bradley Fletcher, (Spievey)
FS: Sean Considine
SS: Bob Sanders
P: Jason Baker
K: Nate Kaeding

Looks like we really need Stanzi, McNutt, and DJK to step things up to fill out the roster. Looks like I found my next team on Madden. :)

Benny Sapp only played part of his college career for us. I wouldn't count him on our roster, because he lists UNI as his college.

Also I have always wished Brad Banks would of gotten a try out, I thought he could of been an NFL QB! He got a bad deal, wasn't he signed by the Redskins when the ol ball coach was there, and spurrier took Danny Wuerffel instead of brad banks! Shows ya one things, Spurrier has no idea what talent is.

Benny Sapp only played part of his college career for us. I wouldn't count him on our roster, because he lists UNI as his college.

Also I have always wished Brad Banks would of gotten a try out, I thought he could of been an NFL QB! He got a bad deal, wasn't he signed by the Redskins when the ol ball coach was there, and spurrier took Danny Wuerffel instead of brad banks! Shows ya one things, Spurrier has no idea what talent is.

If Banks had the game, he would have found an opportunity. Instead, he was a backup in the CFL. Can't blame Spurrier for that.

Yanda plays guard
Bruggeman, King, and Kroul weren't on any active rosters
Derreck Robinson and Marcus Paschal were left off

If Banks had the game, he would have found an opportunity. Instead, he was a backup in the CFL. Can't blame Spurrier for that.

I know what you are saying, but sometime is takes a break to make it. If Bulger doesn't get hurt for the Rams, does Warner EVER get a chance to be a starter in this league???? I kind of doubt it.

I know what you are saying, but sometime is takes a break to make it. If Bulger doesn't get hurt for the Rams, does Warner EVER get a chance to be a starter in this league???? I kind of doubt it.

I think you mean Trent Green. That was before Bulger