Hawkeye Hoops Reminder

Fran's teams slowly improve as the season goes on. We play well most of the first half, fall apart near the end of the first half and sometimes play respectably part of the second half.....

As time goes on we get more consistent with quality play gradually getting closer and closer to a complete game as we have done the past two seasons. This has been noticed by some announcers who stated the last two seasons that near the end of the Big Ten season, Iowa was the team nobody wanted to play. I believe the same will occur this year.....

We were never going to beat Michigan on the road. They legitimately could be the national champions.....

I do believe we defeat the Spartans at Carver. The joint will be rocking.....

:cool:

Fran's teams slowly improve as the season goes on. We play well most of the first half, fall apart near the end of the first half and sometimes play respectably part of the second half.....

As time goes on we get more consistent with quality play gradually getting closer and closer to a complete game as we have done the past two seasons. This has been noticed by some announcers who stated the last two seasons that near the end of the Big Ten season, Iowa was the team nobody wanted to play. I believe the same will occur this year.....

We were never going to beat Michigan on the road. They legitimately could be the national champions.....

I do believe we defeat the Spartans at Carver. The joint will be rocking.....

So if you expect us to beat MSU, does that mean that the end of the first half of the season is over? What do the announcers have to say?

Let me help you, Ghost, we will improve as the season progresses same as the part two seasons and we will, in my opinion, win Thursday night and Carver will be full of fanatic Hawkeye fans.....

Someone with your enormous self-inflicted intelligence should have no trouble deciphering this informative opinion......

The reality is that the conference was good, but not great last year. It is a great conference this year and while we hoped the top half would come back, they have put more space between the bottom tier teams. I am not advocating having a roster full of juco players, but who does not think having a Reggie Evans / Cy Tate at the PF spot and a Justin Johnson, Val Barnes, Chauncey Leslie at a guard spot would not help this team? Does it make the difference against Michigan? No. Would it make the difference in the 3-4 games we are going to lose to teams who have that guy who can score on his own when it counts? Yes IMO>

The reality is that the conference was good, but not great last year. It is a great conference this year and while we hoped the top half would come back, they have put more space between the bottom tier teams. I am not advocating having a roster full of juco players, but who does not think having a Reggie Evans / Cy Tate at the PF spot and a Justin Johnson, Val Barnes, Chauncey Leslie at a guard spot would not help this team? Does it make the difference against Michigan? No. Would it make the difference in the 3-4 games we are going to lose to teams who have that guy who can score on his own when it counts? Yes IMO>

There really isn't a whole lot of difference from this year to last year, except that Michigan/Indiana have a legit shot at the NC. OSU was the only team last year that had a chance.

The main difference this season is Minnesota, but Wisconsin had their place last year. The jury is still a bit out on Illinois and don't make too big a deal over beating OSU like they did at home. Going on the road is going to be difficult for every team this year, NW/PSU/Nebby are not good, but could still give Iowa fits at their place.

I understand the thought over going after a JUCO player, but I have never been a huge fan of it. JUCO's are a fickle group and the wrong one can really help a team or destroy a team. I think it is far more bust than boom with them. Iowa has had some good success in the past, but there have been some that have done nothing to advance the team as well, maybe good numbers, but team improvement, no and there is a difference.

There really isn't a whole lot of difference from this year to last year, except that Michigan/Indiana have a legit shot at the NC. OSU was the only team last year that had a chance.

The main difference this season is Minnesota, but Wisconsin had their place last year. The jury is still a bit out on Illinois and don't make too big a deal over beating OSU like they did at home. Going on the road is going to be difficult for every team this year, NW/PSU/Nebby are not good, but could still give Iowa fits at their place.

I understand the thought over going after a JUCO player, but I have never been a huge fan of it. JUCO's are a fickle group and the wrong one can really help a team or destroy a team. I think it is far more bust than boom with them. Iowa has had some good success in the past, but there have been some that have done nothing to advance the team as well, maybe good numbers, but team improvement, no and there is a difference.

I believe you're forgetting MSU, they were ranked 3rd in KenPom last season and were a number one seed as well. The B10 was tough last year, it's tough again this year.

I believe you're forgetting MSU, they were ranked 3rd in KenPom last season and were a number one seed as well. The B10 was tough last year, it's tough again this year.

Okay, I didn't think MSU had a chance to win, my opinion there and I didn't think they had any real shot. MSU is hyped and plays a tough schedule, having the final regular season record will get that KenPom rating.

I stick by to my opinion, really the two top teams this year are better than the two best last year not by a ton, but enough, Wisconsin has slipped, Minnesota has gained ground, but still has some offensive questions and tonight will begin to tell Illinois' story.

Latest posts