Hawkeye Football Notebook: Rastetter Named Starting Punter

RobHowe

Administrator
Plus which True Freshmen Will See Time, Pushing RB Rotation, Week 1 Captains, 4 walk-ons awarded scholarships:

LINK

They have both made tremendous strides. It’s beneficial to the team to have 2 good options with different styles to punt depending on the situation. They flip the field, and pin opponents deep.

So, Rob... do you dare stick your neck out on this one? What gives? KFz changes the depth chart re-inserting the guy who was nearly dead last in the NCAA last year?

Well, either Rastetter is the most improved player in college football, or Gersonde is competing with Trent Mossbrucker as the biggest waste of a scholarship in program history.

Not much of a middle ground here.
Hey he could make the top 100 this year.....WTF just let Stanley punt.

So, Rob... do you dare stick your neck out on this one? What gives? KFz changes the depth chart re-inserting the guy who was nearly dead last in the NCAA last year?

No inside info here.

I don’t think he changed the depth chart. I think he or someone else messed up in filling it out. Maybe the sports info people typed it in wrong.

We’ll see what happens. He says both punters are better.

I don’t see the point in wringing my hands on this until we see. It will either be better or it won’t.

They have both made tremendous strides. It’s beneficial to the team to have 2 good options with different styles to punt depending on the situation. They flip the field, and pin opponents deep.

He made zero strides last season, yet continued punting.
And how is Rostetter a good option? Ever?
Such a head-scratcher, it was.

And does anyone really think he is just all the sudden gonna start booming punts this year?

How is this possible? Rastetter ranked 106 out of 107 in yards per punt! For a team/coach that values field position so much, it's mind boggling how he's the best option...

Our offense is going to be so efficient, that those times it stalls on the opponents 40, we will need a pooch punter.

He made zero strides last season, yet continued punting.
And how is Rostetter a good option? Ever?
Such a head-scratcher, it was.

And does anyone really think he is just all the sudden gonna start booming punts this year?

It's the 1.000 completion percentage that'll keep opponents off balance...always a threat to pass, dontcha know

Latest posts