Hawkeye Football Notebook: Rastetter Named Starting Punter

I'm not going to lie this irritates me quite a bit. Rastetter could be 50% better than last season and still be bad. There is zero chance Gersonde isn't a better option. Apparently Rastetter's uncle or dad or whoever upped their donation level. This is such bullshit.

I'm not going to lie this irritates me quite a bit. Rastetter could be 50% better than last season and still be bad. There is zero chance Gersonde isn't a better option. Apparently Rastetter's uncle or dad or whoever upped their donation level. This is such bullshit.

Come on now. We need ole Uncle Bruce's money. Times are tough. Did you see Barta is forgoing a raise this year to help out? Not a reflection of his job performance though per the Prez.

So move along. Nothing to see here.

Look some of you guys don't get it. This is Kirk and Gary's playground and we aren't invited unless you have some big checks to hand over.

It is isn't really about winning is it? Isn't it about nepotism and taking care of your family and being paid handsomely and protecting your reputation and keeping the cash cow humming along?

I mean Kirk admitted to basically taking a year off to go fundraising not that long ago.

Geez I wish I could convince myself that I am just being too cynical but isn't it out there staring us in the face? Doesn't it piss you off?

How else do you explain the longevity of a mediocre coach due to make about 4.7 mil this year? And Barta would love to see Kirk coach another ten years here. His own words. Enough said.

Benefiting from the strength and conditioning experience of Coach Doyle, David Bradley improved his average from 36.7 to 40.8 yards per punt. With the same benifit this year Iowa’s punters can make equal improvements and average 42.9 yards per punt.

Benefiting from the strength and conditioning experience of Coach Doyle, David Bradley improved his average from 36.7 to 40.8 yards per punt. With the same benifit this year Iowa’s punters can make equal improvements and average 42.9 yards per punt.
Add three yards that the sports psychologist will give them, then subtract 1 yard for the devastating coffin kicks they will use to pin opponents on the 1 and you are at 44.9 yards average. Sounds about right.

Add three yards that the sports psychologist will give them, then subtract 1 yard for the devastating coffin kicks they will use to pin opponents on the 1 and you are at 44.9 yards average. Sounds about right.

Sports psychology=serious win in the punting game*

*=#rastetter1.000completion

Those rugby punts are thd way to go. They were so scared to field them; they just let em roll to the endzone.

His one short punt looked like he was falling backwards when he made contact with the ball.

He sucks and the bounce and roll doesn't count because a good return guy will get under it and prevent that positive yardage. He was only putting the ball 40 yards down the field before it was dropping. We can't win field position that way. I am still very worried about this unit.

Latest posts