Hawkeye Basketball Records

Fryowa

Administrator
Since JG10Hawk isn't around anymore, I decided to post updates to the stat leaderboards. Currently Bohannon and McCaffery are the only active guys on the boards, so I'll try to periodically keep these updated. Once this season is over it'll likely be a looooooooong while before anyone else gets there since Keegan will likely bounce for the league.

Also, credit for this originally goes to JG10Hawk, if he comes back and wants to maintain this I will gladly delete my post and let him continue. In no way am I stealing anyone's thunder. Also, if anyone sees a spelling error, statistical error, or anything else I missed, let me know and I'll check it out.

Here you go...

1000pt.png

3p.png

ft.png

rb.png

assist.png

block.png

stl.png

If Keegan Murray comes back for another year he should not only run up the 1000 point club list but he makes the blocked shot list as well. He's already got 78 career blocked shots and averages over 2 per game.

Hey Fry, Bohannon has a chance to hit some milestones. 2000 points and D1 3 point record. It would be cool if you could update after each game the rest of this season. There's only 10 more games so it's not too much of a commitment.

Hey Fry, Bohannon has a chance to hit some milestones. 2000 points and D1 3 point record. It would be cool if you could update after each game the rest of this season. There's only 10 more games so it's not too much of a commitment.
I’ll try and get at it tomorrow

Since JG10Hawk isn't around anymore, I decided to post updates to the stat leaderboards. Currently Bohannon and McCaffery are the only active guys on the boards, so I'll try to periodically keep these updated. Once this season is over it'll likely be a looooooooong while before anyone else gets there since Keegan will likely bounce for the league.

Also, credit for this originally goes to JG10Hawk, if he comes back and wants to maintain this I will gladly delete my post and let him continue. In no way am I stealing anyone's thunder. Also, if anyone sees a spelling error, statistical error, or anything else I missed, let me know and I'll check it out.

Here you go...

View attachment 8626

View attachment 8627

View attachment 8628

View attachment 8629

View attachment 8630

View attachment 8631

View attachment 8632
Just took a look at this list for the first time in a while.

Biggest surprise? Jess Settles is not on the top ten list for rebounds. Yes he got hurt, but he was a starter from the first game of his freshman year.

Second biggest surprise? Dean Oliver scored more career points, and had a higher ppg average, than Peter Jok.

I haven't done a good job of updating this because it's a little bit of a pain in the butt. I apologize.

FYI, for the record books, Jordan Bohannon finsihed his career with 2033 points which makes him #3 on the all time list.

Keegan Murray finished with 1046 points which makes him #48 on the all time list.

Going into the Ohio St game, Kris Murray has 789 career points with 8 games minimum left to play (6 regualr season, 1 BTT, 1 NCAA). Kris is averaging right around 20 points a game so if he averaged that 20 and played just those 8 games he will come up short at 949 points. So he needs 3 extra games averaging those 20 points to make the club. Personally I'd like to see him do it so he can join his dad and twin brother in the club which would be special for time eternal.

Slim?

We've likely got one game for him to score 81 pts. I'd say that's a little more water tight than slim.
81 points is nothing. I bet we've got 7 or 8 posters on this board that could drop 81 in a single NCAA tourney game. What scares me though is if he were to drop 81 in a game I'm sure we'd find a way to give up 120 to offset it.

81 points is nothing. I bet we've got 7 or 8 posters on this board that could drop 81 in a single NCAA tourney game. What scares me though is if he were to drop 81 in a game I'm sure we'd find a way to give up 120 to offset it.
If @HawkGold was coaching men's basketball it'd be the first undefeated season since Indiana and UCLA in the 70s.

But he's to busy doing TED talks on curing cancer.

Hey, doesn't hope spring eternal?????

If we make a Sweeet 16 run and KM averages 30 ppg he's right there

OK, OK, I know, we haven't made a Sweet 16 since Fran's arrival and this likely isn't the year. BUT, if those 3s start fallin...................

No Sweet 16 is Fran's biggest failure at Iowa, IMO.
Only way we make the sweet 16 is if Kris goes off for 30+ so there you go.

Intersting article by Rick Brown on Matt Gatens and talks about his spot in the all time scoring annals.

I remember Matt not getting any postseason play until the NIT in his senior year and they had a good run making the NIT championship game. If he had had any meaningful postseason play he could have easily been at #5 at the time.

I also remember Devyn Marble laying an egg, 5 points I seem to remember, in his last game, an upset loss where it seemed he would climb higher.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda reigns......................

Is there still any interest in this?

I’ve neglected it and it needs to be updated, but doing the Excel screenshot thing is a pain in the dick, and that’s coming from a guy who makes his living using Excel.

I’m thinking I’ll create a Google doc and possibly designate a volunteer who’s a regular poster to be an alternate to help keep it updated in case I get hit by a bus. That way it’s a live document and I don’t have to manage a locally saved spreadsheet and post screenshots etc.

Is there still any interest in this?

I’ve neglected it and it needs to be updated, but doing the Excel screenshot thing is a pain in the dick, and that’s coming from a guy who makes his living using Excel.

I’m thinking I’ll create a Google doc and possibly designate a volunteer who’s a regular poster to be an alternate to help keep it updated in case I get hit by a bus. That way it’s a live document and I don’t have to manage a locally saved spreadsheet and post screenshots etc.
Love to keep them coming. However, the media guide has all these records and distinguishes between active players and ex players.

99% of the posters here don’t go to games to get media guides.
Neither do I. But I do use the internet of all things to download the annual media guide for football and basketball (M&W) from the official U of Iowa AD website for free.

Neither do I. But I do use the internet of all things to download the annual media guide for football and basketball (M&W) from the official U of Iowa AD website for free.
It isn’t updated for each game.

It isn’t updated for each game.
This isn't like a game day guide. It's 300 pages long but easily searchable. They are free. I've already downloaded mine, for football.

It's not updated either but it's pretty easy math to follow a player climbing the leaderboards each game. There will be a lot of first-time entries in the career stats this season.

Latest posts