Hawk fans headed to bowl die in car crash

From Jordan Canzeri's post-game comments. Courtesy of Hawkeye Heaven's FB page.

"We made mistakes but fought hard. I wish i could of done more for my team in the game and i will never forget our senior leadership since they have now set the bar on how it is to be and iowa hawkeye football player. I love my team and now we know we have to work even harder than before to get to where we want to be. Thank you to all the fans who supported us, made the trip, and even those who watched on tv, thank you. I also want to say im sorry for the Behren family and my prayers go your way . Bless you Kenneth and Elaine, you will not be forgotten. Go Hawks"

"We made mistakes but fought hard. I wish i could of done more for my team in the game and i will never forget our senior leadership since they have now set the bar on how it is to be and iowa hawkeye football player. I love my team and now we know we have to work even harder than before to get to where we want to be. Thank you to all the fans who supported us, made the trip, and even those who watched on tv, thank you. I also want to say im sorry for the Behren family and my prayers go your way . Bless you Kenneth and Elaine, you will not be forgotten. Go Hawks"

Terrific thing for him to say! It makes me proud to be a Hawk fan when I hear players reach out like this.

Avoided this thread the last couple days because it reminds me of the iowa linebacker who lost his parents in a traffic accident en route to the '96 Alamo bowl or was it the 2001? ehhhh, I don't even want to look it up I should have never dipped into this thread.

It was 1996......"linebacker Mark Mitchell had lost his mother in a fatal car accident while she drove to San Antonio to attend what would be her son's final collegiate game. Therefore, as a symbolic gesture of mourning, the entire Iowa team stripped their helmets of all markings, the game ball was also given to Mitchell."

This deserves a bump.

I cant imagine losing family members during the holiday season, especially on such a fun trip full of excitement. Players for the family and friends of these people.

What a jackas s. How about an apology here to the board and to the families of those killed?

I for one will bump this thread and quote you daily until either you do apologize or Jon gives you a timeout. Or both.

You don't even know if he was serious. It could have been a serious comment w/no harm/insult intended.

I've known Ken for about 40 years. Real nice guy. I, too, made the trip to the bowl. With all the construction in the ENTIRE STATE of Georgia on I-75 and with the three accidents I saw in the area described on I-75, another accident was probable. My prayers go out to the Behrens family.

I've known Ken for about 40 years. Real nice guy. I, too, made the trip to the bowl. With all the construction in the ENTIRE STATE of Georgia on I-75 and with the three accidents I saw in the area described on I-75, another accident was probable. My prayers go out to the Behrens family.

Absolutely. Total tragedy. Which makes it even more essential that imported_Tmoney12 apologize for his crass remark.

Latest posts