Hawk bars in Des Moines?

hawkbanker

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anybody knows any good Hawkeye bars in the DSM metro area. I just moved here not long ago and I am looking for a place to call home when I can't go to the games.

Thanks!

The front row on University in Windsor Heights is probably the best in the Des Moines area, haven't heard anybody really argue that point. There is also 3rd base, and I'm a fan of the Longest Yard in Valley Junction.

Pal Joey's, 6224 Grand Avenue, has flat screens everywhere ranging in size from 32" to 83". Loud crowd and great food. What more could you ask for?

What time do you recommend getting to these places in order to get a seat?

Thanks for all the replies! Hawkeye fans are the best

Normally I try to get to the Front Row two hours early to get a table. However for a night game you may want to be earlier yet as there will already be people there watching the afternoon games.

Free food at the Front Row is hard to beat. Cozy little hideaway with a heated outdoor patio and flatscreens everywhere. Do have to get there early.

longest yard has amazing food and the atmosphere is fun with iowa fans...none of the stuck up ones that cry about not seeing the screen every second just because you are high fiving someone or being abnoxious once in awhile! bogies pub also could be a great place to go its free beer hour before kick off but its died down a bit

I was at Jethros for the wisky game. Great atmosphere and plenty of tv's to watch the game! Either place you go it will be a good time. Go Hawks!

Did they get the tv's fixed at the Front row? I got there 3 hours early for the psu game and the tv's kept going out like ever 15 minutes it sucked so bad I had to settle my 60 dollar tab and leave i will never go back went to longest yard last weekend and it was cool

Last edited:
A.K. O'Conners in beaverdale has great food(WINGS ARE KILLER) and drinks to watch the game at. Usually slower during the games at night so there's spots to sit and enjoy!!!!!

Did they get the tv's fixed at the longest yard? I got there 3 hours early for the psu game and the tv's kept going out like ever 15 minutes it sucked so bad I had to settle my 60 dollar tab and leave i will never go back went to longest yard last weekend and it was cool

never go back yet you were there last weekend?? have u started tailgating already?

Latest posts