Hawk bars in Des Moines?

Has anyone been to big shots yet?? Looks like a lot of TV's but I havent heard which way the crowd leans...

BTW, Cant beat Front Row, but I would also throw "The Game" into the mix. The owner is a huge hawk fan and drink specials are always good...

Any place with a name such as "Big Shots" or "Overtime" or "Tailgaters" is not my cup of tea...As I equate those establishments with places such as "Drink"...how creative, stop trying so hard!

Any place with a name such as "Big Shots" or "Overtime" or "Tailgaters" is not my cup of tea...As I equate those establishments with places such as "Drink"...how creative, stop trying so hard!

uhhh....so you havent been there?? Drink is a yuppie bar, not a sports bar. Overtime is a rest/bar (with amazing pizza btw)...never been to Tailgaters. Your response to me was pretty much useless. Gracious.

uhhh....so you havent been there?? Drink is a yuppie bar, not a sports bar. Overtime is a rest/bar (with amazing pizza btw)...never been to Tailgaters. Your response to me was pretty much useless. Gracious.

Tailgators sucks...it's the same building that used to be Autographs back in the day, and has seemingly had about 1/2 a dozen different names.

Everything I've heard about Big Shots has been pretty good. It's where Yanni's used to be behind Hooters, but once homeboy got deported (which kinda sucks, because there food was really good), they had to sell the place. Apparently the new owners gutted and expanded the place, and now it has just as many pool table as you would find at a place like Stix, and.....wait for it.....shuffleboard. Shuffleboard alone might make that place worth checking out tomorrow night.

If you want to feel the buzz of an environment, Third Base is about as big as it gets in DSM. I was there for the MBB tourney title a few years ago, and it was a blast and a great memory. Should be crazy Saturday night.

thanks for the input about the longest yard and it being close to Giffs, I was at Giffs when we beat Penn state and loved the $2 tall boys and the Iowa fight song after each score. if longest yard is as nice as everyone says sounds like 2 great Iowa bars close to each other.

Longest Yard has the best Nachos in town plus its owned by former player Brian Filloon.

So i enjoy being able to highfive former rosebowl TD scorer John Filloon when the hawks are rolling.

on top of that the nachos

If there's a bar in Des Moines that doesn't have the Iowa game on tonight, then I'd be surprised. That said, Longest Yard is a great place to watch a game.

Latest posts