Haven’t witnessed something like that before

I was at Carver for the Illinois game where Bohannon and Wieskamp got hot from outside in the same game.

Don't think we quite hit a hundy but it was fun to watch when they got it rolling.
Headed down to Lincoln in a couple weeks, hope to see this kind of display

View attachment 8697

My poker read still says that, but I will gladly lose the pot to be wrong.

No doubt an anomaly, but, you gotta give him his due when he performs. Let him pimp a little more merch ...

Hopeful that this wasn't a last gasp - grand finale and he reverts back to this season's norm of something between failing and under-performing. Hawks don't need him going 10-15 but they definitely need him to do his job - 3 or 4 tre's - in every game.

I do think the position shift will help Jo-Bo become more of a consistent contributor.
Having the ball in your hands and seeing the whole floor can keep you more in rhythm rather than standing around waiting for a pass or constantly working to scrape off screens and catch & shoot (which he's just not athletically built to do).

Me either... Think about this. JBo was the story of the game right? No debate. But Keegan Murray who's leading the league in scoring put up 30 shooting 12-14 only missing 2 shots and that will largely not be talked about. The whole team shot like 64% from 3 or something nuts. So happy for JBo he'd been taking nothing but shit this yr so they put the ball back in his hands since JT hasn't been cutting the mustard and he goes out and does that. He also had 5 dimes a couple of them were really nice ones and played pretty good D again for him. Say what you want about JBo the dude has some stones.

Was that a throwback to Ralph Miller's 1970 team filling it up with fast breaks and jumpers. Great to see and this anomaly averages out with the really shitty shooting performance at Rutgers. JBo's footwork on this jumpers looked a little different to me, not quite sure what it was. Whatever it was if he can just keep it up down the stretch to make more treys and stretch the defense.

I’m just glad Fran didn’t take anyone's advice and bench the best 3 point shooter in school history. 10 3 pointers in a game is school record - Jbo passes Kingsbury who had the record at 9. He also passed Aaron White for points.

That's also the most points scored by an Iowa team since 1995.

No doubt an anomaly, but, you gotta give him his due when he performs. Let him pimp a little more merch ...

Hopeful that this wasn't a last gasp - grand finale and he reverts back to this season's norm of something between failing and under-performing. Hawks don't need him going 10-15 but they definitely need him to do his job - 3 or 4 tre's - in every game.

I do think the position shift will help Jo-Bo become more of a consistent contributor.
Having the ball in your hands and seeing the whole floor can keep you more in rhythm rather than standing around waiting for a pass or constantly working to scrape off screens and catch & shoot (which he's just not athletically built to do).

Good point. Yea, I don't think we should look past his 5 assists, leading the team.

The #1 very well may be a more comfortable position for him.

I thought J-BO would thrive at off guard. Not so much! He is much better at the PG,
That ended up being one of those things that just sounded good in theory but not so much in practice. I admit I bought into thinking him playing the 2 with a green light playing along side a PG that doesn't shoot would be good for him. But for whatever reasons it just didn't.
Granted 1 monster game doesn't mean he's all of a sudden Steph Curry but I do think he's more comfortable and is in the flow of the game when he's handling the ball more. So we ride or die with him the rest of the way is how I see. I can't see why he'd make another drastic change at PG based on what we have

Pop the champagne cork if he is hitting 10 threes on Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, and Illinois.....or if NCAA bound....against a Top 3 seed.

Pop the champagne cork if he is hitting 10 threes on Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, and Illinois.....or if NCAA bound....against a Top 3 seed.
Right. But now the expectations for JBO will be a Maryland performance every game. I will settle for scoring anywhere in the teens, continuation of high level assists, and continuation of very low turnovers. Throw in his pure intensity and hustle on D lately, given his physical limitations, and we have a pretty good PG. I have repeatedly said that his defense is not nearly as bad as claimed by many.

I’m just glad Fran didn’t take anyone's advice and bench the best 3 point shooter in school history. 10 3 pointers in a game is school record - Jbo passes Kingsbury who had the record at 9. He also passed Aaron White for points.

That's also the most points scored by an Iowa team since 1995.
Most points in a B1G conference game. They've surpassed 110 in November cupcake games several times.

Latest posts