Have you Ever seen....

TwinCitiesHawk

Weaksauce
.... a grown man cry?

Because I have. Well, not physically seen, but read. I've read hundreds of posts on this site where grown men are crying and being babies thanks to the outcome of one. single. game.

Come on people. Yeah, sucks losing to ISU. I get that. I punched things yesterday, and I said things that would make a rapper cover his ears. You know what, though? After drinking heavily for a few hours following the game, praying to the good 'ole porcelain god, and regathering myself, I realized, hey, it's just a freaking game.

I almost hated logging onto this site. Because, well, I've lurked around here to know what to expect following a loss... especially an emotional rollercoaster of a loss like that. What I didn't expect was the sheer volume of idiocracy I read from so many people who claim to be Iowa fans.

Fire Kirk Ferenz, go after BB? Iowa may not win another Big Ten game? People giving up on the season? Iowa's defense is in super-big-scary trouble for the forsee-able (I'm not going to look up how to actually spell that word) future? KOK sucks this, maybe Norm should have done that, etc... KF should have called this, shouldn't have done that.

OK armchair QBs, get this. Had Ferenz GONE for it on 4th and 1 in OT, posters would have been IRATE if Coker would have gotten stuffed, or Vandy dropped the ball. Remember Shonn Greene vs. MSU and going for it on 4th? Sheesh, "OMGZ, KF should have just kicked the FG like he normally would!"

Complaining about the WR pass? Jebus. Fans wanted him to take a chance, and he did. Not even that big of a chance. McNutt was a QB at one point in time for Pete sake. A little trickery never hurt anybody, and if would have worked, he'd be a genius.

Come on now people, anybody with two and a half brain cells knew going into the season that the defense was going to be green, and the wins would number around 7-8. They probably still will. Also, anybody with one brain cell could see how ISU was vastly improved over last year, and last year they took Nebby to OT, beat Texas, TTU, and played decent ball at times.

Quit with the crying, nut up, and get ready for the Pitt game next week. Iowa could win or lose that game, and it still shouldn't change the fact that this team lost 11 starters, and is therefore breaking in a lot of new players. Teams just don't rebound from that as easily as fans would like.

That's all. Happy Sunday.

Thank you. I say it after every loss - I'm glad our coaches and players have a little more resiliency than the posters on this board.

Latest posts