Have we had a prediction thread for wins this season.

docholihawk

I don't recall if we've had one. I know we're young and going to struggle but we do have a lot of guys who had some experience. I think we win 20 but end up in the NIT. I do believe Cook is a stud who plays like a vet. Some guys just have it. We have the guys, we should be able to run all day long.

Its practically impossible to know what cook and Jones will contribute right now and it sounds like they're both starters. For now I counted 16 wins (8-10 B1G). I'm staying in the pessimistic side in hopes the athleticism proves me wrong or at least makes them a lot of fun to watch

They have some real tough games in the non conference and to start off the B1G

The logical answer is 18-20 wins and near .500 in the conference but the mystery surrounding this team is intriguing. If CW takes care of the ball, Cook holds his own defensively, and our bench consistently provides scoring, this team could finish in the top five of the conference. This is the year we'll get our best look at how good of a coach Fran is.

18-12 - NIT safe - need to do work in the BTT to make the dance.

Kennesaw State – W

Savannah State W

Seton Hall – W

UOTRGV- W

Virginia – L

Providence/Memphis – W

Notre Dame - L

Omaha – W

ISU – W

UNI – L

ND – W

D State – W

Purdue – L

Michigan – L

Nebraska- W

Rutgers – W

Purdue- W

Northwestern – L

Maryland – W

IL- L

Ohio State – L

Rutgers- W

Nebraska – W

Minnesota – W

MSU – L

IL – W

Indiana – L

Maryland – L

WI – L

PSU - W

I predict Iowa will win all their games unless someone beats them. I doubt any of the players, or even the coaches, will go into a game thinking they can't win the game.

I would sign up for this right now!

Honestly I might be shooting high if you asked me based on talent.

On paper, I think Iowa looks kind of like Illinois - one really good known quantity at guard, and a bunch of questions elsewhere. I'm relying on two trends IMO:

1. Fran always does better than I think he does. When I make my ISU predictions, I subtract a game or two from the overall total. With Iowa, I add I game or two to the overall total.

2. I feel like there are a bunch of unknowns on this team. I think Cook will be good, but I think Iowa fans are overrating what I think his impact will be here. However, Iowa under Fran has consistently had a go to guy (Uthoff, Marble, White) and then they also consistently produce a guy within the program who didn't do much in a previous year that goes on to a highly productive year. I don't know who that will be on this roster, I'm just assuming it will happen.

I don't recall if we've had one. I know we're young and going to struggle but we do have a lot of guys who had some experience. I think we win 20 but end up in the NIT. I do believe Cook is a stud who plays like a vet. Some guys just have it. We have the guys, we should be able to run all day long.

I never know enough about the other Big10 teams to know what to predict, so I'll just go with .500 in conference. We make the dance, but probably get bounced in the first round?

Just spitballing here, as I really have no idea.

with no real PG and all the new guys anything over .500 I'll call a win. This is one of those seasons you just watch and enjoy because you know these guys are gonna be good down the road.

18 wins. I think the kids come together and we see some real flashes of the future.....Fran will have his ups and downs, but we take some games we shouldn't. It'll be fun to watch

Had to wait until chance to see them actually play; bonus it was against some real comp - Seton Hall.

A LONG way to go on D. Below average free-throw shooting. Noticeably more athletic, high energy, attacking.

I see 8 - 10 wins non-con + 7 / 9 record in B14 = 15 to 17 W's. CBI for a young team that needs to keep playing and building.

Edit: depending on BTT, maybe the NIT. Although, I mostly just want to see 3 things, this season:
1) Keep attacking and shooting so you always have that punchers chance.
2) Progressive improvement. NO FEBRUARY COLLAPSE!
3) Win 2 in the BTT.

D is the key and I am just not confident this team will figure it out until it is too late.

NonConf - 9-4
Conf - 9-9
BTT - 0-1

NCAA - No
NIT - Yes

My official picks from another board.

11/11/16 Kennesaw State 8:30 p.m. W
11/13/16 Savannah State 2:30 p.m. W
11/17/16 Seton Hall 8 p.m. L
11/20/16 UT RGV 4:30 p.m. W
11/25/16 vs. Virginia # 6 p.m. L
11/26/16 vs. Prov/Mem # 3/6 p.m. L
11/29/16 at Notre Dame 8 p.m. L
12/3/16 Omaha 1 p.m. W
12/5/16 Stetson 6 p.m. W
12/8/16 Iowa State 7 p.m. L
12/17/16 vs. Northern Iowa * 3:30 p.m. L
12/20/16 North Dakota 8 p.m. W
12/22/16 Delaware State 8 p.m. W
12/28/16 at Purdue 8 p.m. L
1/1/17 Michigan TBA W
1/5/17 at Nebraska 8 p.m. W
1/8/17 Rutgers 1/3:30 W
1/12/17 Purdue 8 p.m. W
1/15/17 at Northwestern 6:30 p.m. L
1/19/17 Maryland 6 p.m. L
1/25/17 at Illinois 8 p.m. L
1/28/17 Ohio State 7 p.m. L
1/31/17 at Rutgers 6 p.m. W
2/5/17 Nebraska 1 p.m. W
2/8/17 at Minnesota 8 p.m. W
2/11/17 at Michigan State 5 p.m. L
2/18/17 Illinois 1 p.m. W
2/21/17 Indiana 8 p.m. L
2/25/17 at Maryland TBA L
3/2/17 at Wisconsin TBA L
3/5/17 Penn State Noon W
3/8-12/17 Big Ten Tourney W/L

I tally 17 wins and maybe add 2 more in there for 19.

Latest posts