Have to admit...

What is this WNBA you speak of?

All jokes aside whether she'll succeed in the WNBA or doesn't have the skill set needed to dominate at that level she's definitely got the "it" factor at the college level. Like with Luka, let's just sit back and enjoy the ride while she's here and miss a generational talent once she's gone.

Egads, is that all the salary WNBA players make?? Caitlan could make more money that that every year sitting on her butt in Iowa City, drinking gin&tonics, eating bonbons, and endorsing products!

Yeah, they don't make a lot compared to the men (which is why so many elect to play in Europe). But also realize that the NBA makes around $10 BILLION while the WNBA has lost about $10 million annually for the last 5-7 years. The NBA basically subsidizes the WNBA.

One aspect of her game that no one has mentioned is her speed with the ball. She can outrun nearly all opponents while dribbling down the court and the opponents struggle just to try to get in front of her. That part of her game will translate to the next level - speed is something you would not use to describe Garza or Gustafson.

She could make more money with NIL by staying at Iowa the next two years than going to the WNBA.

she reminds me of Dan Gable. She could be a head coach right out of college. Incredibly bright kid and student of the game. I predict she skips the crappy WNBA and goes tight into coaching.

WNBA players can get endorsement deals (obviously depends on your status), but, where the big money apparently lies is when they play overseas and can multiply their WNBA salary by various multiples (5x-20x).

Other WNBA facts:
- they play a college-like 36 game schedule
- game is 4 x 10 minute quarters
- 12 teams in the league
- league runs from early May through middle September

Last edited:
She could make more money with NIL by staying at Iowa the next two years than going to the WNBA.

she reminds me of Dan Gable. She could be a head coach right out of college. Incredibly bright kid and student of the game. I predict she skips the crappy WNBA and goes tight into coaching.

Chosen, you are spot on. It is interesting to speculate & discuss how Caitlin's game will transfer to WNBA. However, other than her personal drive to play at that level it is sort of a meaningless discussion.
Assume she stays healthy and that Lisa can continue to surround her with quality players sufficient to continue to win at a high level, then I think she stays at Iowa for 2 more years.

With endorsements she already has plus growing national fame she'll be knocking the socks off with NIL dollars. If she continues her success and national prominence and name recognition the NIL dollars will flow in ever increasing amounts. In many ways she's an advertiser's dream; that generates lots of money. I have no idea what her NIL dollars are at this time but I'll bet they're surprisingly good. She's worth big bucks.

The WNBA needs Caitlin more than Caitlin needs the WNBA.

Or becomes a marketing executive rolling in dough like the Uncle

Scrooge-mcduck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Chosen, you are spot on. It is interesting to speculate & discuss how Caitlin's game will transfer to WNBA. However, other than her personal drive to play at that level it is sort of a meaningless discussion.
Assume she stays healthy and that Lisa can continue to surround her with quality players sufficient to continue to win at a high level, then I think she stays at Iowa for 2 more years.

With endorsements she already has plus growing national fame she'll be knocking the socks off with NIL dollars. If she continues her success and national prominence and name recognition the NIL dollars will flow in ever increasing amounts. In many ways she's an advertiser's dream; that generates lots of money. I have no idea what her NIL dollars are at this time but I'll bet they're surprisingly good. She's worth big bucks.

The WNBA needs Caitlin more than Caitlin needs the WNBA.
Her decision about when to leave Iowa will be interesting. If she wins PoftheYear award, will she try to duplicate the feat next year? Will she want to stick around the college game until she owns every scoring and assist record there is? She's so competitive, it's hard to imagine her not wanting to play at the highest level in the game, which is the WNBA, ASAP. Then there's the NIL angle. I'll be curious, but not surprised whatever she decides -- no bad options.....unless she gets hurt. Then, that guaranteed money is pretty sweet.

Her decision about when to leave Iowa will be interesting. If she wins PoftheYear award, will she try to duplicate the feat next year? Will she want to stick around the college game until she owns every scoring and assist record there is? She's so competitive, it's hard to imagine her not wanting to play at the highest level in the game, which is the WNBA, ASAP. Then there's the NIL angle. I'll be curious, but not surprised whatever she decides -- no bad options.....unless she gets hurt. Then, that guaranteed money is pretty sweet.
She can’t enter the draft until 2024. WNBA rules are different than NBA. And she said on the Dan Patrick Show she might stay for her COVID year.

She can’t enter the draft until 2024. WNBA rules are different than NBA. And she said on the Dan Patrick Show she might stay for her COVID year.

She will likely be the NCAA all time leading scorer when she is done.

If she plays a covid year then that will be hard to ever beat

Sounds like she's for sure coming back next yr and very likely taking her covid yr. Between NIL and her rock star popularity at Iowa it's as good a position a female basketball player could have. Most women do not only the WNBA but the over seas thing. (they just don't make a ton of $ here and the season isn't very long) So yeah she may very well smash every damn major scoring and assist record their is. She'll come close to it next yr if she doesn't and obviously in yr 5 every stat would be just piling on.

Throw in how this will boost recruiting and with the transfer portal looming big in how teams retool, who knows what next year and the year after bring. Imagine being a player getting the chance to play with a player of the caliber of Clark? Say a Hailey Van Lith, who has ties to Clark for a Junior Olympic squad? Or some big that sees how she distributes and knows the two man game with Cziano?

What often gets lost in translation of what a great scorer/shooter Clark is, is how she distributes the ball and how she makes everyone better around her. Two more years of Clark could not only see her smashing records and putting her in elite company, but could put Iowa on another level nationally. We are watching greatness in our backyard.

Sounds like she's for sure coming back next yr and very likely taking her covid yr. Between NIL and her rock star popularity at Iowa it's as good a position a female basketball player could have. Most women do not only the WNBA but the over seas thing. (they just don't make a ton of $ here and the season isn't very long) So yeah she may very well smash every damn major scoring and assist record their is. She'll come close to it next yr if she doesn't and obviously in yr 5 every stat would be just piling on.
She is going to absolutely annihilate the records. She can live off her NIL and endorsement money and just and 100% focus on training more while in Iowa City. How scary is that? She wouldn't have to work at Hy Vee.

She is going to absolutely annihilate the records. She can live off her NIL and endorsement money and just and 100% focus on training more while in Iowa City. How scary is that? She wouldn't have to work at Hy Vee.
Well, there's also that little thing called college classes. She still has to be attending, studying and passing classes to compete for the UNIVERSITY of Iowa. Given her passion for the game of bball, I'm guessing some part of her might be wondering how much more refined her hoop skills could be if she was able to focus 100% on her game and not have to mess with classroom work.

Well, there's also that little thing called college classes. She still has to be attending, studying and passing classes to compete for the UNIVERSITY of Iowa. Given her passion for the game of bball, I'm guessing some part of her might be wondering how much more refined her hoop skills could be if she was able to focus 100% on her game and not have to mess with classroom work.
But with a Covid year, I am presuming she will have her degree. She may have to take a token class or two to meet minimal requirements for credits, I dunno.

JBo and Connor were around 6 yrs I'm sure she can figure out how to do a 5th. 5 yrs on campus isn't even crazy honestly. Players often used to RS and that was normal. What makes this different is due to covid and it being 5 yrs of playing ball that's on the table.

I don't want to start another topic so I'll put a question here for your speculation. If CC22 announced she was open to transferring how many NIL dollars would she be offered and by whom? I'm guessing it might be a 7 digit number by U Conn.

I don't want to start another topic so I'll put a question here for your speculation. If CC22 announced she was open to transferring how many NIL dollars would she be offered and by whom? I'm guessing it might be a 7 digit number by U Conn.
Great hypothetical... I mean if she opened the floodgates like that you could see damn near anyone come out of the woodwork to offer big $. Oregon and Nike would probably be my first guess they could win about any bidding war they want. There is one possibility I can think of.

The school that I think is about to become more of a player in sports due to NIL is Arkansas. They have Walmart, Tyson and JB Hunt all involved with their NIL. Any school woulda been tickled to have any of those 3 individually. Walmart alone is the ultimate game changer if they want to be. We lost out on that WR to them and I have a feeling they are going to win lots of recruiting battles now...

Latest posts