Have Cooler Heads Prevailed

MeatMan

i'm guessing, after a full nights rest, that some of you have chilled out a bit. is it okay to keep being a Hawkeye basketball fan? seriously people, have cooler heads prevailed? Iowa lost a close b-ball game, on the road, to a ranked team. two losses on the year, both close games. much longer year ahead.

deep breath on 1...2...3...

hold it for a bit

relax

see, doesn't that feel better? :)

still a lot of games ahead to get better. if that game was in Carver, we win. there will be some big wins yet this year, i promise.

i'm guessing, after a full nights rest, that some of you have chilled out a bit. e.

I wasnt on the edge of the cliff at all after the game. I could sort of see it coming when ISU won the first 4 minutes of the second half to close the gap that this would be close in the 2nd half and the hawks might goof up.

The hawks only lack one thing and that is closing out games. They need a way to run their offense so the hot hands get the ball. They need to be able to isolate marble who is about are only real one on one threat. I think Uhtoff can take his man.

The hawks need to look at the Nova and ISU film and see where they played soft instead of taking it to the rim,

ISU was really overplaying us the last two minutes and we needed dunks instead of free throws.

In the end this game helps us both on the court and in the RPI...............but I am still pi$$ed.

if that game was in Carver, we win. there will be some big wins yet this year, i promise.

No need to stop at Carver. If that game is anywhere other than Hilton, we win. If we get to play ISU in the tournament I would feel pretty confident.

Much calmer this morning. It sucks we lost, but get used to this, we will some some more this year in close games. It is BB, and we are going to lose 7-10 game this year, more than likely. We will still be in the NCAA, so fret no HawkeyNation!

I was ticked last night but have tempered my anger after a night of sleep.

I came away with Iowa played well the entire night in a very tough arena. There is some real talent on this team, which Fran deserves a ton of credit.

Lastly Hoiberg can coach, he out coached Fran in the last 2 min and from what I saw was some of the best coaching of anyone in a long, long time.

the problem is we did this very thing last year time and time again and it cost us our chance at the tourney... already have done it twice this year an no good non conf wins.

People who think this is just a meltdown, lack of logic thing are not remembering the past year and a half of blowing leads.

the problem is we did this very thing last year time and time again and it cost us our chance at the tourney... already have done it twice this year an no good non conf wins.

People who think this is just a meltdown, lack of logic thing are not remembering the past year and a half of blowing leads.

I agree the way we lost is as troublesome as the loss itself but I want to keep perspective because I would take this any day over the 'Lickluster' days when it was hard to find ANYONE who cared or even knew that we had a team. Winning is a process especially when you are not a blue blood program rolling out 5 top 25 players every year. I want to see how this plays out over time and at this point why not? It is not like we are playing crappy basketball night-in, night-out.

We choked a game away like we did so many others last year. We need to learn to win in a hurry or this great start won't matter. Im having future visions of a 500 record in the Big Ten followed by another NIT berth. We cant get over teh hump.

i'm guessing, after a full nights rest, that some of you have chilled out a bit. is it okay to keep being a Hawkeye basketball fan? seriously people, have cooler heads prevailed? Iowa lost a close b-ball game, on the road, to a ranked team. two losses on the year, both close games. much longer year ahead.

deep breath on 1...2...3...

hold it for a bit

relax

see, doesn't that feel better? :)

still a lot of games ahead to get better. if that game was in Carver, we win. there will be some big wins yet this year, i promise.

No.

Look, it may not be the Lickliter days anymore, the team is clearly more competitive and a lot more entertaining to watch. But at the end of the day, what difference does it really make if you still are not winning? I want better than the NIT. If Iowa doesn't learn to start winning these games (it's looking like last year again, at this point) then Iowa is anything but an NCAA tournament lock.

Did your thread from last night vanish? I was looking for it this morning, I was just mad last night. While I do not agree with pinning this loss on the coaches I did not mean to go after you.

We lost a good game to a good team on the road where the ref's were intimidated by the home crowd. It will happen again and won't ruin our season. Time to move on to the next game.

Latest posts