Have always, will always be a Stanzi Backer

inheaventhereisnobeer

Maybe it's because I have a good friend who thought I was on drugs when I told him Stanzi looks better & should play over Christensen after the Iowa vs Maine game in '08.

He would always dismiss Stanzi & say Christensen is better . . . until after the Pitt game of course. So, from the get go, I've always been a Stanzi backer. And, even despite the pick 6's, I've always thought he was good for our team.

He's a winner. The coolest part about the game-winning TD drive to me was that he had the same chance but failed to convert in '08 at homecoming vs Northwestern. I love to see that the QB of my favorite team in the whole universe has matured to be succeed in such a pressure-cooker situation.

Ricky,don't lose that number!!!

Stanzi is Iowa football personified....blue collar-tough,humble,cool under pressure,and all about TEAM!!
In his postgame interview, he gushed about his teammates and wanting to win for Coach Ferentz. In his quotes in the Chicago Trib, when asked about the last play, he only talked about the o-line giving him time and Marvin making a great cut and catch...What you see is what you get with Ricky Stanzi....leader and winner.

I TO HAVE BEEN A SUPPORTER ALL THE CORNHOLER FANS AT WORK ....TALK ABOUT HOW BAD HE IS AS IF THEY HAVE ANY ROOM TO TALK WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH THAT DEAF AND BLIND KID THEY GOT.

Bottom line is that Stanzi is a Winner, and all about the Team. I too was a huge fan and supporter of Stanzi before he ever started for the Hawks. I too saw that given the opportunity, he was better than Jake, which has since been proven by his 16-3 record as the starting QB for the Hawkeyes. Rick epitomizes the type of player KF recruits, and you will hear to a man the admiriation for and desire to win for KF that each player has. That is rare, and that is what makes this a special group. Unselfishness, and a common goal. It is story lines like this that make College Football great. Love KF, and Love the Hawks! Cue Iowa Fight Song.