Has Iowa Ever Had this Much Speed?

Jake Christensen went to the combine?! Who knew...

I didn't know Nate Chandler went to the combine, either. Do you mean pro day? I thought combine was an "invite" deal?

Chandler went to the combine, Jake’s must’ve been a pro day. I just.. can’t even.. imagine an invite.

I do think that the team speed is solid. But after a game with a big play from each parker and powell, this might be an overreaction. And, Willies doesn't even really play.

Sidenote and I can't back this up with actual data, but I'm pretty sure every time Smith was targeted vs. Indiana, it resulted in a first down. They should feed him the ball more

Our #1 back is Weisman is terribly slow by D1 running back standards. Rudock is a fine athlete but not that fast, especially compared to some QBs these days. Canzeri is super quick but he certainly doesn't have elite speed. Hillyer is solid, but not fast at all. The TEs are actually relatively fast, but as for all of the skill players... I don't think this team is all that fast

We've have allot of fast guys who get in the game every once in a while to score TDs, the rest of the time they play the less fast guys and try to "execute" which usually results in punts.

Thats football

I would say for their time (I dont know if they recorded 40 yard dash times) that Willie Fleming and Bob Jeter were a fast tandem and there may have been a few other really fast guys on those teams.

Couple notes regarding uihawk82's mention of Willie Fleming and Bob Jeter. In the book "75 Years With the Fighting Hawkeyes" Forest Evashevski mentioned those two players. He said that Fleming was his best halfback and Edie Vincent and Bob Jeter were just a cut below. Larry Ferguson was called a "game breaker." Evy said that although he only stood 5 ft. 9in. tall, Fleming could stand underneath the basket and jump up and dunk the basket
ball because he had so much spring in his legs. Evy said that Jeter had those long, loping strides and didn't look like he was moving as fast as he actually was.

Can't believe this has gone 5 pages. Everyone knows that no one out of the SEC is considered fast!!! End of story. If you aint got SEC speed you aint got speed.