has anyone been watching the Ohio State training days on ESPNU

I hate that they get all that pub,but I do think that they are going to be good this year. Their QB is perfect for Meyer's system,and they always have tons of talent at all the other slots. I would not be shocked if they ran the table this year,which in a way would be the best revenge for their cheating ways....imagine the gnashing of teeth in Columbus if they went 12-0 and then went home...a national title shot wasted due to ''The Vest''....oh the angst...
I hope they beat MSU,Michigan and Nebraska...no chance of Iowa playing them,so if they go 12-0..fine. We will go to the Rose Bowl at 10-2 and be very happy.

Credibility implosion with the mention of 12-0.:eek:

DAmn that guy is intense. And those practices are intense. How do you think Urban's practices compare to Kirk's if you had to guess?

I haven't read any of the replies yet. I've reflected on this question as well. I noticed that Iowa's coaches were pretty low key - very much so - even before watching OSU's practices. But then I thought about it this way. Iowa is young. And I wondered if KF was focusing on building and teaching. The intensity can be developed at the right time. But 1st and foremost is getting these young players to play at a high level through technique and teaching.

The video shown of OSU's practices seemed to emphasize emotion and intensity but did not show as much instruction. Doesn't mean that they didn't teach - I'm sure they did. Remember they were on ESPN - national exposure and that would pump anyone up.

I like KF's approach - at this stage.

Keenan Davis told me a great story about KF last year, says that KF usually picks his spots for yelling, not a consistent yeller or anything crazy.

Story goes something like this...

Keenan's Soph year he dropped a couple passes in a row during a practice and KF yelled..

KF: Keenan are you a receiver?
KD: Yes
KF: What do receivers do?
KD: catch
KF: Then catch the f***ing football!

Said 90% of the time KF is composed and pretty direct with his players, but he definitley has his moments where he tries to get the point across.

Latest posts