Harty compares Andrew Maxwell to Jakey C

Totally uncalled for by Harty. You don't write about an opponent like that. He slammed Jake AND Maxwell. Like their play or not, that isn't "objective" journalism, it's petty and personal.

Maxwell showed he is one of the worst QBs in the Big at least in that game. That was a very accurate comparison. However, the weather didn't help either QB.

Andrew Maxwell is a first year quarterback on his seventh start. Iowa's defense is pretty good and the playing conditions were pretty bad. Hardly a good performance but I wouldn't tear a guy down over it.

I think MSU's passing game will quickly improve and they win three out of their next five against tough opponents.

Totally uncalled for by Harty. You don't write about an opponent like that. He slammed Jake AND Maxwell. Like their play or not, that isn't "objective" journalism, it's petty and personal.

Fail again Bob. That was an opinion piece, and he is not supposed to be "objective".

that's just not fair to compare anyone to JakeC. feel bad for the dude for all the hate he got. sure he wasn't good, but to continue to hate on him after all these years?

1) Maxwell was the best QB on the field yesterday
2) He is a freshman, not a 5th year senior that some people thought hilariously was going to get drafted.

I'd trade positions with MSU right now.

Fail is yours. What Harty wrote was classless.

While true, you also slammed him for not being objective, which Ghost pointed out as unnecessary because it was an opinion piece.

Never been a big fan of Harty, though. And being in the pressbox can get kind of annoying, especially if Iowa isn't playing very well. Way too much griping from people in press row, as if the outcome is supposed to matter to them. Harty is one of those guys. I mean hell, if I can keep my **** together during the game, nobody else should have any trouble with it. It's not hard to stow away your fan hood for the sake of the job, unless you simply choose not to do it.

Being in position to make plays is one thing. Making plays is another. The Iowa defense excelled in both areas Saturday.

It helped that Michigan State’s passing attack looked inept at times, but there was a reason for that besides quarterback Andrew Maxwell doing his best Jake Christensen impersonation.

http://hawkcentral.com/2012/10/13/pat-harty-why-are-hawkeyes-in-first-defense-and-meyer/

I didn't see the similarities. Maxwell seemed to throw more of a wounded duck, with plenty of air underneath it, whereas Jake rolled more of a gutter ball, the type which often left grass stains and dirt marks.

While true, you also slammed him for not being objective, which Ghost pointed out as unnecessary because it was an opinion piece.

Never been a big fan of Harty, though. And being in the pressbox can get kind of annoying, especially if Iowa isn't playing very well. Way too much griping from people in press row, as if the outcome is supposed to matter to them. Harty is one of those guys. I mean hell, if I can keep my **** together during the game, nobody else should have any trouble with it. It's not hard to stow away your fan hood for the sake of the job, unless you simply choose not to do it.

Harty is a fan? could have fooled me!

Latest posts