Harsh words from AOL Fanhouse

Haha, I like the new signature Shada :D

Persa had a typical day against us. He'd played like that all year. I'd like to see us adjust our schemes to make it tougher on him, but his performance was not evidence of the players choking.

if nothing else you've proven my point mister magician the statistician in that we don't do well against dink and dunk passing attacks. Now you can put your clever quips to bed.

Agreed TM our players didn't choke we just don't adjust like we need to to disrupt things sometimes. Championship teams adjust.

Our pass D is typically pretty good. It's just against a couple teams that it doesn't do as well (ball control spread attacks). Our scheme works against most of the teams that we play.

if nothing else you've proven my point mister magician the statistician in that we don't do well against dink and dunk passing attacks. Now you can put your clever quips to bed.

I'm not disputing that at all. Probably because it's not the topic at hand. I asked you to show me a stat showing that any QB Iowa has gone up against this year has had a significantly better day than normal.

You haven't done that.

Absolutely agree look at Indiana, NW, and of all things Tate Forcier in the Michigan game even as bad as MSU was Cousins completed 66% of his passes he just threw some really BAD picks. Against conventional offenses we do stellar never argued that point but we don't adjust to the spreads well at all..it's always a track meet with them running 75+ plays and a D is going to tire at that rate.

They don't need to have a significantly better than average day to hurt us my point is that if they are a good team and we don't make enough adjustments to hold them below their averages then we didn't adjust very well.

Finally to put Shada's Revenge challenge to bed (and then that's where I'm headed) Ben Chapelle completed 74% of his passes against Iowa yet has a season completion % of 62.5%...there are you happy? Additionally, Scott Tolzien completed 77% of his passes against Iowa which is ABOVE his average.

OSU made some friggin plays. The real travesty was the northwestern game. I put myself through the replay on the BTN a little while ago (not sure why). However, I think Iowa was 2 of 15 on 3rd downs, and NW was running a ton of plays in the fourth quarter. The defense was absolutely gassed. Why? Because the offense couldn't put the game away.

There's the main answer. The offense can't put teams away. In the past two games, it's been quite evident.

I'm not saying that the loss of Edds, Angerer, and Amari S weren't huge. They are. The problem is that our offense can't put up over 21 points against teams that give up thirtysomething routinely.

OSU made some friggin plays. The real travesty was the northwestern game. I put myself through the replay on the BTN a little while ago (not sure why). However, I think Iowa was 2 of 15 on 3rd downs, and NW was running a ton of plays in the fourth quarter. The defense was absolutely gassed. Why? Because the offense couldn't put the game away.

There's the main answer. The offense can't put teams away. In the past two games, it's been quite evident.

I'm not saying that the loss of Edds, Angerer, and Amari S weren't huge. They are. The problem is that our offense can't put up over 21 points against teams that give up thirtysomething routinely.
right on racer. edds, angere, spievey all in the nfl, replaced by morris(18 years old), nielson(first real season playin, and micah hyde(who did get significant snaps last year). hmmmm, suppose that has anything to do with the spread dink and dunk being successful. wake up.

You were allegedly at the game. What plays could O'Keefe had run in the fourth quarter into that wind? The 40 yard pass was precisely the kind of ball all of you idiots want to see, then you complain when it doesn't work out like they drew it up. Go back to Madison, hippie.

Haha, I like the new signature Shada :D

Persa had a typical day against us. He'd played like that all year. I'd like to see us adjust our schemes to make it tougher on him, but his performance was not evidence of the players choking.

It fits well, I appreciate it.

You were allegedly at the game. What plays could O'Keefe had run in the fourth quarter into that wind? The 40 yard pass was precisely the kind of ball all of you idiots want to see, then you complain when it doesn't work out like they drew it up. Go back to Madison, hippie.

Never mind that he's right or anything. A touchdown after the pick ends the Wisconsin game; Hawks settle for a field goal and leave the door just wide enough for the Badgers to knock it down.

Same thing at Indiana, the offense can run out the clock with two or three first downs.

Same thing at Northwestern.

Same thing last week.

Totally agree with the comments about the O. They didn't get 1st downs to ice the game...that goes back to coaching in part. You are right Racer...no arguement at all with your statement and I believe as others that's why you have to do some different things on D while the youngsters come along. Or you do what we do which is to expose yourself because you are young and just hope that you don't get injuries next year.

Oh one other question how many LBs do you know 18 or 28 that can hang with WRs for 5 sec. while we get no pass rush?

I'll bet that the number of those guys is less than 3 at any level.

Hey O'Keefe for Pres how does it feel to get smacked the week after a mild upset of Iowa and you're going to get run over by Bucky this week! CLICK!!!!

Latest posts