Harrison Barnes | Iowa Seed

briankaldenberg

If we had Harrison Barnes this year what seed do you think we would have been in the tournament?

I'd say a 9 seed or better.

Hmm, i say we would still be on the outside looking in. Barnes did not play well the first half of the season, and that is where we failed to win enough games.

i think we'd be a 3 or 4 in the NIT, as i think we win a few of those close games but still only end up a bit over .500

Are you serious? You never cease to amaze me Kaldenberg.

you have to remember he is a clown so he throws this stuff out there to try to bait iowa fan into some outlandish statements about our team.

i say this as i find it impossible that anyone person could be as (fill in the blank) as he appears with his statements.

Do we still have Cartwright and Basabe?

If so, I'm thinking we're no worse than a 8 seed. He would have made us sooooooooo much better.

you have to remember he is a clown so he throws this stuff out there to try to bait iowa fan into some outlandish statements about our team.

i say this as i find it impossible that anyone person could be as (fill in the blank) as he appears with his statements.

I'm not a Cyclone fan. Never have been. I don't know why you think because I graduated from ISU that I'm a Cyclone fan.

I've had season tickets to Iowa games since I was 19 years old...

Do we still have Cartwright and Basabe?

If so, I'm thinking we're no worse than a 8 seed. He would have made us sooooooooo much better.

Exactly... Barnes is worth probably 12 points when you combine the open looks he'll generate for others. He forces a big man to defend on the perimeter, and he can defend both 3's and 4's.

So go back and look at all the games we lost by 12 points or less and we'd win most of those.

Exactly... Barnes is worth probably 12 points when you combine the open looks he'll generate for others. He forces a big man to defend on the perimeter, and he can defend both 3's and 4's.

So go back and look at all the games we lost by 12 points or less and we'd win most of those.

Well then you would have to take the points away from the player he replaces. Who would that be? May?

Why even ask this question? Barnes was never coming here in the first place. You'd might as well ask what seed we'd be if we had Kemba Walker and Jimmer on the team as well.

I don't know if he would have been enough...but thinking of him, Cartwright and Basabe NEXT year would certainly be enough ;)

If we had Harrison Barnes, we wouldn't have Basabe and Cartwright, because Lickliter would still be here. No coach would ever be able to come in as late as Fran did and get a recruit like Barnes.

Not to mention the fact that Barnes would be SERIOUSLY reined in under Lickliter's offense.

So no, we would not be in the tourney if we had Barnes this year.

This season? Not in The Hawks were better in February and a lot of fun to watch but look back at NOvember December and January...the Hawks were not a good team

Next season? if he stayed in college Iowa would be top 1/2 of Big 10 and definitely in the tourney in my opinion

This team improved all season and it was fun to turn on the Hawks and have fun watching basketball again

since we're speaking hypothetically...I have no doubt we would have gotten in...ik statistically he is not...but when I watch him play in my mind it's Jimmer, Kemba and Harrison are most likely the three best players in college bball when it comes to taking over a game.

since we're speaking hypothetically...I have no doubt we would have gotten in...ik statistically he is not...but when I watch him play in my mind it's Jimmer, Kemba and Harrison are most likely the three best players in college bball when it comes to taking over a game.

Nolan Smith would be in that discussion as well, IMO.

Re: Harrison Barnes

Just have to hppe that there is a Harrison Barnes type of talent in the Iowa City area sometime soon that would go to Iowa. That is the best chance to turn the program around. For McCaffery's sake, I hope such a kid exists and is at least in junior high.

Latest posts