Harrison Barnes | Iowa Seed

You don't have to have a Barnes type talent as a "best chance" to turn the program around. It takes a coach that gets players to believe in what he and his staff is doing and players that fit his scheme and player development. The best chance for Iowa to turnaround, well they already turned around, it takes some depth and a couple players that you can build around, Iowa has that too.
Player development and depth are the keys for Iowa next year, it is going to be interesting who Iowa signs this Spring, will it be a couple JUCO's or a couple seniors or one of each.
I have a good feeling on Oleseni, think he will be a Hawk after his visit, would be a great complimentary player to Basabe.

Last edited:
Nolan Smith would be in that discussion as well, IMO.

Yes, Nolan is not only in the conversation, if there can be a co-player he and Jimmer would be my picks.
Smith did something that hasn't been done, led the ACC in scoring and assists, while having a low turnover rate and leading Duke in steals, he is just good. He hasn't had to have the late game heroics because he led his team into positions where he didn't have too.

Yes, Nolan is not only in the conversation, if there can be a co-player he and Jimmer would be my picks.
Smith did something that hasn't been done, led the ACC in scoring and assists, while having a low turnover rate and leading Duke in steals, he is just good. He hasn't had to have the late game heroics because he led his team into positions where he didn't have too.

Agreed. The 10-0 run that HE put on Michigan today was just flat out impressive. He may not have the obvious, elite athleticism of a Barnes or Kemba, but damn he finds a way to dominate anyway.

Only the K-Man would start a thread about Iowa's hypothetical tournament seeding if Harrison Barnes had hypothetically committed to Iowa.

Latest posts