Harbaugh to Michigan

marjack

Just read it has been confirmed. Not shocking to a lot of people and I haven't read specifics about the contract but man I love this hire for the Big Ten. He is a good recruiter who could really challenge Ohio State.

So much for getting wins against Michigan when they're back on schedule.

Good for conference, bad for Iowa as its a program that will close down their border for recruiting (not that we do that well anymore)

Going forward, I'm afraid we have the best record right now that we will ever have against a Jim Harbaugh coached team at Michigan...0-0. That is, unless we hire Bert or Bobby.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that both Urban and Harbaugh are gone in 5 years?

Urban will ride off into the sunset after a NC or two. And Harbaugh will start to get that NFL itch in 3 years he really, really wants that Super Bowl ring.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that both Urban and Harbaugh are gone in 5 years?

Urban will ride off into the sunset after a NC or two. And Harbaugh will start to get that NFL itch in 3 years he really, really wants that Super Bowl ring.

You could be right, trj.

If this does come true and as of this post it still hasn't been confirmed I don't see either Harbaugh or Urban in their respective jobs in 5 years. Harbaugh wants a Super Bowl win and Meyer is just Meyer.

Let those two go at it.. Will be fun to see the rivalry heat up again. I agree with the poster that said neither will be there in 5 years. Meyer won't win a NC and the natives will get tired of him and run him off for the next hot coach.

If this does come true and as of this post it still hasn't been confirmed I don't see either Harbaugh or Urban in their respective jobs in 5 years. Harbaugh wants a Super Bowl win and Meyer is just Meyer.

What makes you think Harbaugh is going to just bolt back to the NFL, especially when the Bears job is most likely going to be open. Maybe he gets the urge to try and chase a Super Bowl again, but I just don't see it. He literally has his pick at the two jobs that mean the most to him, and chose Michigan.

Meyer has always wanted to coach the Buckeyes, maybe he retires in 5 years like you said, but he's probably going to end his career there.

Either way, this is a win for the B1G. That rivalry needs to be back for the winner of the B1G to constantly be in the playoff.

It has absolutely no bearing on Iowa, whatsoever, how good any of the teams in the East division end up being. We hardly ever play them, anyway. We play both OSU and Mich like twice over the next 6 years. They could win 10 straight national titles and it just doesn't matter. What does matter is how completely pathetic the roster of coaches in the B1G West currently is, and how awful they will be for several years moving forward.

Harbaugh's next stop will probably be the funny farm. Dude is nuttier than squirrel turds.

Harbaugh's next stop will probably be the funny farm. Dude is nuttier than squirrel turds.

No doubt........he will get Michigan turned around in a couple of years, but he is going to grind and drive the new Michigan AD, Mary Sue Coleman and that Michigan administration bonkers. Michigan better get a strong AD.

It has absolutely no bearing on Iowa, whatsoever, how good any of the teams in the East division end up being. We hardly ever play them, anyway. We play both OSU and Mich like twice over the next 6 years. They could win 10 straight national titles and it just doesn't matter. What does matter is how completely pathetic the roster of coaches in the B1G West currently is, and how awful they will be for several years moving forward.

If Harbaugh brings the pro-style offense to UM, then I disagree with you. That will mean Iowa will be competing against WUs, MSU, UM and Minny, just within the B1G, for the same players. Iowa is going to lose most head-to-head recruiting battles with those schools, with the possible exception of Minny.

I think this will severely affect Iowa's recruiting.

If Harbaugh brings the pro-style offense to UM, then I disagree with you. That will mean Iowa will be competing against WUs, MSU, UM and Minny, just within the B1G, for the same players. Iowa is going to lose most head-to-head recruiting battles with those schools, with the possible exception of Minny.

I think this will severely affect Iowa's recruiting.

Iowa will have a shot at the 2 stars that only have MAC offers......Can they be developed is the question, I guess.

If Harbaugh brings the pro-style offense to UM, then I disagree with you. That will mean Iowa will be competing against WUs, MSU, UM and Minny, just within the B1G, for the same players. Iowa is going to lose most head-to-head recruiting battles with those schools, with the possible exception of Minny.I think this will severely affect Iowa's recruiting.
As opposed to the recruiting battles we currently win against Michigan? Your post is one the most clueless in the history of this site. Nothing changes for Iowa, no matter how good Michigan is or what type of offense they run.

I give Harbaugh three years max at Michigan. Just not sure he'll ever be big into that recruiting thing. The rubber chicken dinner booster club circuit, either.

As opposed to the recruiting battles we currently win against Michigan? Your post is one the most clueless in the history of this site. Nothing changes for Iowa, no matter how good Michigan is or what type of offense they run.

We are losing head-to-head battles with MSU and WUs right now. Minny just kicked our ***** up and down the field so we could start losing to them, also. UM didn't run pro-style with Hoke. They ran some sort of hodge-podge crap. With Harbaugh as HC and if he brings the pro-style, how does that not affect Iowa's recruiting?

"Nothing changes for Iowa no matter how good Michigan is or what type of offense they run." That is just an amazing quote. How does Michigan signing players to play in a pro-style offense not affect Iowa's recruiting. I need for you to explain that.

We are losing head-to-head battles with MSU and WUs right now. Minny just kicked our ***** up and down the field so we could start losing to them, also. UM didn't run pro-style with Hoke. They ran some sort of hodge-podge crap. With Harbaugh as HC and if he brings the pro-style, how does that not affect Iowa's recruiting? "Nothing changes for Iowa no matter how good Michigan is or what type of offense they run." That is just an amazing quote. How does Michigan signing players to play in a pro-style offense not affect Iowa's recruiting. I need for you to explain that.
Hoke was definitely running a pro-style offense. He took his last OC from freaking Alabama, for God's sake. You don't even understand the basics of football.