HAPPY FRANUARY

Ok. Everyone says Fran melts down. Fran fades. Yet this team seems to be winning almost all of the close games. But the players bail out the coach. The coach has nothing to do with that success.
When Iowa loses, it’s the Fran fade, when they win the players bail him out and he still sucks. He’ll never win for some and unless he makes a sweet 16 dumb dumbs will never shut up. It’s why I’m rooting for him.

Are y'all enjoying the shitshow extravaganza?

The Hox are two lucky shots from a four game losing streak to four middling teams. 3 of them at home.

9e1dedcccaa3b50cec59ce53efc32f36.jpg

We lose out. Book it.

I'm posting this before the end of the Indiana game, because I know how this movie ends, and it's a shitty movie.
Well that didn’t work out like you intended...I suppose you are pissed because Iowa won...

When Iowa loses, it’s the Fran fade, when they win the players bail him out and he still sucks. He’ll never win for some and unless he makes a sweet 16 dumb dumbs will never shut up. It’s why I’m rooting for him.

You have to admit Fran has changed and that coincided with Dolph s first slip.

Unreal. Possibly will end up with most regular season wins in school HISTORY when the BIG is the toughest it has EVER BEEN and people bitch about the way they WIN THE GAMES. It seems to me these other teams have their fair share of very talented players and if anyone thinks the Hawks are beating up on MAC level teams here you are clueless. I am going to enjoy the piss out of this incredible ride this TEAM and COACHING STAFF is taking us on!

I, for one, have been pointing out Fran's coaching since at least the Michigan game. He outcoached Beilein that night and he outcoached Archie Miller late in regulation and in overtime last night. You don't play five consecutive games that are decided by six points or less and win four of them without good coaching, no matter how much luck is involved.

Some on the boards are upset that are letting second division teams hang around. Well, it's not just us, it all across the league. Tuesdays Purdue Indiana game was the latest example but there are too many others to mention.

It's the nature of the league this year. The experienced teams are rising to the top, winning these close games. And we're one of them.

I've watched a lot of B1G this winter because A) I took a new position last May where I get up at 5:30 instead of 3 am and B) High school basketball has been thrown into havoc mode by the stormy winter and I have no one playing for the first time in six years. So I've had ample opportunity to tune in. Next year my youngest will be in high school and it will be back to those wonderful trips to Muscoda, Wisconsin, etc.

Last edited:
Unreal. Possibly will end up with most regular season wins in school HISTORY when the BIG is the toughest it has EVER BEEN and people bitch about the way they WIN THE GAMES. It seems to me these other teams have their fair share of very talented players and if anyone thinks the Hawks are beating up on MAC level teams here you are clueless. I am going to enjoy the piss out of this incredible ride this TEAM and COACHING STAFF is taking us on!
See above, my reply to @InGoodCo.

The players have bailed him out lol. Iowa has needed 3 last second shots to beat 3 teams that are a combined 12-35 in conference play and are the 11th,12th and 13th place team. Take the W’s but personally for me Fran isn’t a very good coach.. As much as I would love for Iowa to be playing in the Sweet 16, I’m personally not remotely worried about something I view is unattainable for this team.

Nice try.. but fail. Iowa has 2 quality wins on its resume and get this and 7 oout of the 10 wins are against Big Ten team that are a combined 12-35 in conference play.

Don’t get me wrong I’m enjoying the ride but I know how this ride ends!! :cool:

Nice try.. but fail. Iowa has 2 quality wins on its resume and get this and 7 oout of the 10 wins are against Big Ten team that are a combined 12-35 in conference play.

Don’t get me wrong I’m enjoying the ride but I know how this ride ends!! :cool:
yeah it will end the same way it will end for ALL BUT ONE TEAM(!) IN THE COUNTRY. BUT if you think this team is not capable of making a sweet sixteen run you are WRONG. WILL THEY? Time will tell as things have to fall in place for MOST teams that do and there are LOTS of capable teams that fall short EVERY YEAR. Why make yourself miserable before you have to?

The players have bailed him out lol. Iowa has needed 3 last second shots to beat 3 teams that are a combined 12-35 in conference play and are the 11th,12th and 13th place team. Take the W’s but personally for me Fran isn’t a very good coach.. As much as I would love for Iowa to be playing in the Sweet 16, I’m personally not remotely worried about something I view is unattainable for this team.
We're winning the same way Bo Ryan did all those years. And I've watched a lot of Wisconsin basketball. I married a badger and live in the state.

We're clutch this year. For once, were clutch. Enjoy it for God's sake. Don't worry about how their winning. It's how Ryan, Izzo, Knight, Keady, all the rest win. You can win a lot of games and go a long way in the tournament by showing you can execute in close games. And we're doing it this year.

yeah it will end the same way it will end for ALL BUT ONE TEAM(!) IN THE COUNTRY. BUT if you think this team is not capable of making a sweet sixteen run you are WRONG. WILL THEY? Time will tell as things have to fall in place for MOST teams that do and there are LOTS of capable teams that fall short EVERY YEAR. Why make yourself miserable before you have to?
When we lose, no matter what round, the Nancy's will be back. Lights are too bright, Fran sucks, etc.

Fran HAS sucked. In other years. Not this one.

Are y'all enjoying the shitshow extravaganza?

The Hox are two lucky shots from a four game losing streak to four middling teams. 3 of them at home.

9e1dedcccaa3b50cec59ce53efc32f36.jpg

We lose out. Book it.

I'm posting this before the end of the Indiana game, because I know how this movie ends, and it's a shitty movie.

They had guys step up in those games. Better to have this happen than not. But watching Iowa's offense lately is a lot like watching a 6 year old read. No fluidity, each utterance is isolated the from the last and the next.

Talking about Indiana, Matt Painter and Tom Izzo say hi. Rutgers is no slouch...they are big and athletic...and play a physical game. No one is blowing them out.

Again...this conference is as tough and balanced from top to bottom as I can remember. There are absolutely no off nights in this conference. Iowa is not shooting the ball well right now...yet they have won 4 of 5. Every team goes through a shooting slump at some point in the season...and Iowa is kind of experiencing that now...yet we are winning. That should tell you something.

They had guys step up in those games. Better to have this happen than not. But watching Iowa's offense lately is a lot like watching a 6 year old read. No fluidity, each utterance is isolated the from the last and the next.
Again, it's like that all over the league. Have you seen the scores the last two weeks? Teams are seeing each other the second time around and defense is prevailing. Shooting percentages are declining.

Listen I really hope they make the 2nd weekend but I’m sure not seeing it right now. You must be watching a different team that I..

Listen I really hope they make the 2nd weekend but I’m sure not seeing it right now. You must be watching a different team that I..
We are. I'm seeing a team that's shortened the bench, improved the defense, hit big shots, and made big plays. You seem to be seeing last year's team.

If we knock off Wisconsin at the Kohl will that remove all doubt? That's seems to be your biggest sticking point. That we're barely knocking off weak sisters and can't handle the big boys. We have beaten a number of big boys. As of today Ohio State, Indiana and Nebraska are still in KenPom's top 50. But someone has to be in the bottom half of this conference. That can't all be in the top six.

Latest posts