Hampton torn ACL- out season

Worst fears confirmed?

Are we really going to go into the B10 season with Robinson as 1 and Paki as 2? Now we can officially start looking for fire, right? As in, somebody's redshirt is going up in smoke hopefully very soon.

I am confident and believe Johnson and Coker will play this weekend. Certainly things will play out in practice over the next 2 days and a lot could change with one still redshirting....but at this point I see both getting time.

I feel for Hampton. Tough break but he's been through this before so he'll be back. I think I might call him Jermelle Hampton from now on.

Worst fears confirmed?

Are we really going to go into the B10 season with Robinson as 1 and Paki as 2? Now we can officially start looking for fire, right? As in, somebody's redshirt is going up in smoke hopefully very soon.

While you're at it don't overlook the rain cloud hanging over JH and the Iowa program generally. Other than the diamond in the rough otherwise known as Shonn Greene, we've had really s****y luck at this position in recent years.

Remember all the pre-season stories wondering how the PT would be divided among all of Iowa's talented running backs? :eek:

Reading the Gazette article that Morehouse linked to, I found this little nugget that I found interesting (with the release of the two deeps yesterday):

"Paki O’Meara, listed as the No. 2 running back this week behind sophomore Adam Robinson, is likely out this week, too, after suffering a concussion at Arizona.True freshman Marcus Coker, who suffered a shoulder/collarbone injury early in fall camp, is the next in line."

So we almost HAVE to play one of the freshmen, right? No Paki, no James White...

wpsf-img.php

While you're at it don't overlook the rain cloud hanging over JH and the Iowa program generally. Other than the diamond in the rough otherwise known as Shonn Greene, we've had really s****y luck at this position in recent years.

Remember all the pre-season stories wondering how the PT would be divided among all of Iowa's talented running backs? :eek:

Brinson left here for South Florida but the luck followed him down there. What is it with those little ligaments and this university?

Unbelievable.....even more of a reason for a rematch. Uh, does this change the outlook in the Big 10 now?

I really hope the freshmen can step up. This is a tough, tough loss. Remember when we had too many RBs is July?? Those were the days

I don't think we see Hampton play again.

Interesting post, but one I'll disagree with a bit.

One repair to each knee isn't a show stopper. Not at his age.

Two repairs to the same knee certainly is.

However, there's the mental thing to worry about. Will he even want to come back a 2nd time? Will he be afraid to get hit after a 2nd injury?

I'm hopeful I guess.

Perhaps Doyle should explore augmented training protocols for our running backs.

Something has to be going on that is leading to this sort of bad luck. Where there's smoke there's fire. I know Doyle is the best there is but maybe they could tweak the training program for our RB's?

Any stat guys out there want to look into the number of acl injuries we've had compared to other teams?

Latest posts