Hamilton just said on Twitter Schlatter

ajones1996

is defaulting out of the Big 10 tournament and wont be seeded and that the Big 10 will still get 4 at 157.....Iowa chances for qualifying 10 just went up.....and its Kerr at 157 and hes now the 4 seed

I might be in the minority, but I'm glad it's Kerr. Also, don't want to root for an injury, but Schlatter out is great news for Iowa.

I might be in the minority, but I'm glad it's Kerr. Also, don't want to root for an injury, but Schlatter out is great news for Iowa.

as long as Iowa shows up and acts interested the title race should be ours now if Schlatter isnt scoring any points

what are the criteria for wildcards for nationals... can DS get one if he doesn't wrestle in B-10's?

I thought you had to at least wrestle in the conference tourney to be in a position for a wildcard......maybe stepping on the mat and defaulting right away meets that requirement

I thought you had to at least wrestle in the conference tourney to be in a position for a wildcard......maybe stepping on the mat and defaulting right away meets that requirement

that is what I thought ..but I read where J Rob is figuring a wild card for DS.... stepping on the mat would mean........keeping his seed?

Only Bronze Standard wrestlers will be eligible for selection as at-large qualifiers.
A wrestler must have participated in their respective conference or regional qualifying
tournament in order to be considered for at-large selection to the championships. The
NCAA Wrestling Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate the Bronze
Standard wrestlers:​
• Head-to-head competition
• Qualifying event placement
• Quality wins
• Results against common opponents
• Win %
• RPI
• CR​
• Number of matches contested at that weight class

What is it that he hurt??? And what are the chances that if it is bad enough not to wrestle tomorrow that he will be able to go for nationals?

I have never really understood the byes in this tournament. Is there a formula for who gets a bye? Looking forward to a strong showing this weekend.

At first glance I thought it was kind of bunk that some of our highly rated guys had to wrestle in the first round where lower rated guys got byes. But then, thinking about it, it is a good thing as it gives the team another shot at earning bonus points via major, tech, or fall. So more matches wrestles --> more opportunity for points.

I have never really understood the byes in this tournament. Is there a formula for who gets a bye? Looking forward to a strong showing this weekend.

With 11 guys per weight you have no choice but to have bye's. And as far as the formula they are drawn out of a hat.

Example: They are 16 man brackets so you have 8 seeded wrestlers, 3 unseeded and 5 byes. They put the 8 seeded on their respective lines and then put the 3 unseeded names and 5 byes into a hat and draw for each remaining line in that bracket, so it really isn't a formula it is luck of the draw if you have a first round match or not.

With 11 guys per weight you have no choice but to have bye's. And as far as the formula they are drawn out of a hat.

Example: They are 16 man brackets so you have 8 seeded wrestlers, 3 unseeded and 5 byes. They put the 8 seeded on their respective lines and then put the 3 unseeded names and 5 byes into a hat and draw for each remaining line in that bracket, so it really isn't a formula it is luck of the draw if you have a first round match or not.

It is all done with computer now, but its all the same concept.

Latest posts