"HALO" Rumor

Should we be concerned that the poster of that information has his location listed as "in a van down by the river"?

Should we be concerned that the poster of that information has his location listed as "in a van down by the river"?

I am more concerned with the information that was posted than I am who posted it. I might give that guy a swift kick in the butt if Gregg Marshall is hired.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Forbes, although perhaps not ideal, would create at least a little bit of interest and anticipation for the following year because of his recruiting ability and Iowa ties. he should be the back up plan.

Gregg Marshall?? What the hell?

Let's just hope all this is more rumors. Cause that was an underwhelming list.

Picture%208%2864%29.png

2855329Untitled-7.jpg

misslavin.jpg

This is what we need on the sidelines. Two words: Home. Run.

I have been lurking on these boards and had to register so I could reply to this. This would make sense as a hire, as it is the only way Barta can make last years 5500 a game attendance look like a full house.

WDM

I think people need to get ready for a let-down. I see no reason why an established power conference coach will come here. It is very hard to win, if a coach is already winning he is not going to leave his situation for a middle of the road Big 10 school where the last 2 coaches couldn't get it done.

Lots of great coaches were once lessor known, or even unsuccessful at another place. We need to find the guy, whatever his background, that has drive, personality, coaching skills, and plan to win here at Iowa. Because a big-name coach isn't walking through our doors.

And before people lynch Barta for not hiring a big name, remember we have no idea what is going on. We don't know salary limitations, and it takes two to tango. Barta can't make anyone take this job.

Word now is Kakert is denying an interview even happened with Marshall. I seriously hope we never have another coaching search for the rest of my life. In basketball or football.

I wouldn't hate a Jacobsen hire at all, but I think even those who would would like it better than Gregg Marshall.

This can't be true....it just doesn't make any sense at all. Is there any history between Barta and Marshall that would make this connection?

I guess people didn't read past the first post, it is now being reported by Kakert on TOS that Marshall didn't even want an interview.

You can usually take anything that comes from HaLo with a grain of salt sp I hope this rumor is false. I didn't know they actually engaged in any sports discussions as they usually like to discuss politics. A lot of the birthers and staunch hardcore right wingers gravitated over there.

If they did offer Marshall, they would have been better served by waiting for Jacobson to become available. That is why the rumor doesn't make sense. The fact of the matter is that our program has sunk so low over the past three years that people from major conferences may have been told to stay clear of the Iowa job.

Barta better not rush this hire or put any deadlines on a hire. Take your time and get it right, don't just settle.

Last edited:

Latest posts