Half Court Prayer Answered!!!

In none of the replays shown was it clear whether the ball was released on time or not, including watching the red light behind the backboard. Since it was initially called good, the call should not have been overturned, IMO.

If it takes that long to review...at what point do you just say its good. Seems ridiculous imo.
I agree.

It's like the challenge in football. If you don't have absolute evidence that the shot was no good and you can't do that in a short period of time, you shouldn't overrule it.

I've seen three angles of it, from the front, it looks like the light goes off before it leaves his hand. From the side, it looks like .0 its just off his fingertip (almost a TIE if you will).

The word was Eddie made the call based on the HORN. That... that doesn't surprise me at all coming from Hightower.

I dvr'd the game and went back in slow mo and looked at it. The clock on the screen is reading .01 and the ball is in flight. If I knew how to take a screen shot of it and post on here, I would. But my dvr clearly shows the ball in flight with .01 on the clock.

That had to be about the closest good/no-good call you could ever have. I only had the BTN replays to watch. There are times I thought the ball was released before the clock clicked to 0.0 and on other replays the red light behind the basket seems to be going off just as it is released (hard to see if it's still in his hands or not.)

I agree with those arguing that without irrefutable evidence, the basket should have counted. (In full disclosure, not sure I would feel the same way if the shot had come from anyone wearing blue.)

Last edited:
Was it really no good?

It was so close that watching it live it looked good to me. Unfortunately when I tried to watch it in slo-mo my stupid Direct TV blue bar on the bottom of the screen covered up the clock so I couldn't see for sure.:mad:

Hit the "exit" button on your remote after you pause it then start your forward.

Latest posts