Guys It's One Game

Last year through two games we were 14/33 from 3, and went on to shoot 29% from 3 for the year. I'm not putting a ton of stock in a two game sample size.

I'd say just stop letting Marble force shots up when there's still 15 seconds left on the shot clock and everything will look better.

Michigan tied with UM-Lowell at the half. It is Lowells FIRST D1 game. Looks to me like Michigan will be finishing last in the Big.

It's one game....next it will be "well it was just a tough stretch in the schedule" and progress into "this is the best basketball conference"

If you want to ignore the obvious, Iowa played poorly against a team that should not compete, then that is fine. I heard that Iowa has all kinds of depth this year, I find it hard to believe that playing at such a high pace and getting UNO in foul trouble it took Iowa late in the 2nd half to pull away.

It is a bigger problem than looking at it as one game: this was a microcosm of last season, poor teams competing with Iowa because they simply can't shoot. You want a fact, Iowa shot poorly than 80% of other college basketball teams last year.

The only thing I amgoing to ignore is your negativity over one game.

STFU or GTFO, this isn't a football thread, keep the negative, ignorant b.s. over there.

Fran stuck with the man to man in the first half to have a teaching tool IMO. I expect us to zone a lot of the time this year and show more of the 3/4 token press as we get into the league. There's plenty of work to do in our man to man and Fran has plenty of tape to teach from now.

Shooting is a concern, but the first couple of games of the season don't tell us much. Once we play a bit and work on individual shot selection a bit (and most if it will be self determined) we can get a better idea of how the season will play out.

Of course we will have a ton of close games this year and the one thing I'd like to see us do is just keep running our stuff instead of letting Dev go one on one in crunch time. We don't move well enough without the ball when he has the rock and we aren't running our stuff. I think we can still get him almost as many clean looks and we'd keep the defense honest. Given the guys we'll likely have on the floor at the end of games I'd be fine with of any of them taking an open look to decide the game. A contested shot by Dev (which is almost always what we get) is no better IMO than a normal look out of our offense.

Explain to me how winning by 100 and winning by 8 makes any difference? A win is a win

Yeah you are right. Why be concerned with 37% shooting overall? Why be concerned Marble/White are most likely the same players they were last year? Why be concerned that Gesell still looks lost in the open floor?

Move along nothing to be concerned with at all. I mean Iowa was an NCAA tournament team last year.

Yeah you are right. Why be concerned with 37% shooting overall? Why be concerned Marble/White are most likely the same players they were last year? Why be concerned that Gesell still looks lost in the open floor?

Move along nothing to be concerned with at all. I mean Iowa was an NCAA tournament team last year.

Why would you expect them to be significantly different?

Why are you overreacting so much? Its 2 freakin games.

Would you be predicting the Hawks are bound for the Final Four if they had shot 45% from 3 the first 2 games?

Why are you overreacting so much? Its 2 freakin games.

Would you be predicting the Hawks are bound for the Final Four if they had shot 45% from 3 the first 2 games?

Nope, but the same inherent problem that plagued them last year has carried over. I guess that didn't happen last season.

Not overreacting, until I see something consistently different there is cause for concern.

Gesell has the flu, Marble has a sore hip...let the excuses start...unreal.

I haven't read anywhere that Iowa has said anything about health problems. Why would a team need to make excuses for winning? These boards are for the fans that might be interested in whats going on in the program. If you were anything close to a "sportstalent", you should know that an illness or an ijury could have an effect on someones performance...unreal.

Why would you expect them to be significantly different?

I guess improvement from one season to the next would be good to see.

I'm not saying one way or the other at this point, too early. We'll see how the season shakes out, but it would seem the same problems (mainly, lack of outside shooting) that kept Iowa out of the NCAA Tournament last year, are still issues this year (at least so far).

To build on last year, the team has to improve, not "stay the same". That's the whole point.

Nope, but the same inherent problem that plagued them last year has carried over. I guess that didn't happen last season.

Not overreacting, until I see something consistently different there is cause for concern.

You are too focused on last season, just focus on this season. It was one bad game, if it continues THIS SEASON, then it is a problem.

Gotta say it right now; this sort of stuff isn't going to last long this winter. Good grief, do you expect them to play like MSU right out of the chute? After seven mostly suck years, I'm just not gonna have much tolerance for overly nit picking whiners.

wins are wins baby. goodness, you negative types. first it was recruiting, now this one game to extrapolate over a whole season? settle down champ. Fran has only improved this team every year. Debate that all you want with the football program, but chill a bit on the second game of the season. Did any of you see how Indiana just did?

Latest posts