Gus Johnson's Calls from the MSU Game

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought the announcers for the that game got a little too biased towards MSU a few times. I somewhat related it to the Orange Bowl and how those Fox announcers were gushing all over GT during the game. When I consider muting the sound and turning on Dolph, I know it's getting a little too homer-ish for the other side, and I almost did that a couple times Wednesday night. Gus is a great announcer, don't get me wrong, but there was some home court/top 10 team love going on there.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought the announcers for the that game got a little too biased towards MSU a few times. I somewhat related it to the Orange Bowl and how those Fox announcers were gushing all over GT during the game. When I consider muting the sound and turning on Dolph, I know it's getting a little too homer-ish for the other side, and I almost did that a couple times Wednesday night. Gus is a great announcer, don't get me wrong, but there was some home court/top 10 team love going on there.

I personally thought Steve Smith (he was with Gus Johnson right?) was a bigger believer in the Hawks than 90% of this board. However he is from Michigan State so maybe I just was surprised by every positive Iowa comment.

The "Screaming Gus" post kind of answered my question but I was going to ask isn't Gus Johnson an announcer for CBS March Madness games?? When did he start working for Big Ten Network?? I love the guy's enthusiasm. I'm rather confused though, are BTN and CBS affiliated?

Someone should see if the call from the Broncos-Bengals game is on youtube. He did that game and needless to say he got really excited at that finish

I also love Gus and thought Steve Smith was very good, too. I actually thought Smith went out of his way to say positive things about Iowa--didn't think he seemed biased in favor of MSU at all. Obviously, when one team is pounding the other for much of the game, and you're a fan of the team getting pounded, it may feel like the announcers are rooting for the other team just by describing how it is that they're pounding your team. :)

I hate to admit it, but I've also become a big fan of Steve Bardo.

Did anyone else catch when Gus said he almost "swalloed his tie" when May "blocked" the shot?? I thought that was awesome. Gus is definitely the best in the business. Any chance he calls an Iowa football game? I agree with Freddie as well in regards to Steve Smith. It seemed like he knew a lot about our players.

Here you go. This is in HD, so it may look a little funky.:D (This video cracks me up)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E09_jVpVitc"]YouTube- Tecmo Immaculate Delfection[/ame]

Best of Gus Johnson! LOVE IT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcglOItcKoM"]YouTube- Best of Gus Johnson - Rise and Fire[/ame]

This guy reacts like every big time fan would, love that!