Gunner Keil transferring. Rittenberg thinks Iowa should pursue.

Gee, let's see. We have the 11th or 12th rated recruiting class in the BIG this year. Should we want to pursue someone that was rated as one of the top 10 players in the country his senior season in HS two years ago?

Of course we should. It only makes sense.

Unfortunately our present head coach appears to be sorely lacking in that regard. Such a move would necessitate a conversion from Greg Davis' highly successful two yard horizontal passing game to a vertical one. A conversion neither of these two old coaches are capable of making.

My guess is he ends up at Arkansas. Biels is skilled at this type of thing.

If he has the potential to be a threat, we give him a scholly if for no other reason than to keep him from reaching his ceiling playing for other teams who could use it against us. C'mon, you wonder why we're not top level... The SEC does this **** all the time. Sometimes they get the kid to sign his LOI and then retract the offer leaving the kid stuck and SOL.

Them there southerners is ruthless

This is further proof Adam knows nothing about what he writes about. Yes, Iowa should go after a player who wouldn't be eligible to play until the '14 year due to transfer rules. Not to mention IF he did come to Iowa and IF he is extremely good and wins the starting job in '14 (highly unlikely he comes to Iowa to begin with but also that he is that good), but it would be leaving Iowa with the second straight year of a new starter with zero D1 snaps so highly unlikely. Or he comes to Iowa, isn't that good and spends his first year of eligibility on the bench, gets mad and transfers.

Either way, Adam Rittenberg doesn't get it.

I think some of you are being a little quick to judge. Miles ripped on this guy publicly after he decommited from LSU and Keil took the high road and was nothing but complimentary. If he has an interest in playing in the B1G then the coaches should make the call. Teams typically coming off 4-8 seasons are not loaded anywhere.

The amout of trolls on this site is a bit depressing. That said, they are at least not Nebraska trolls which is worse.

Sounds like a good guy but won't pan out. I'll be shocked if he does based off being buried in the depth chart at ND.

Is he related to anybody named Ferentz? If they have some long lost relative on one of those genealogy websites he might have a chance at landing here.

This kid wants the following
-National Championship team
-Nation Wide TV Coverage on a weekly basis
-Guaranteed starting spot

This smacks of a parenting situation where he is being told how great he is and how he should be the star. The kid had the 1st two at ND and if he waited he could of been a starter in a couple years and made some NFL team very upset after he busts but with alot of money in the bank.

This kid wants the following
-National Championship team
-Nation Wide TV Coverage on a weekly basis

-Guaranteed starting spot

This smacks of a parenting situation where he is being told how great he is and how he should be the star. The kid had the 1st two at ND and if he waited he could of been a starter in a couple years and made some NFL team very upset after he busts but with alot of money in the bank.
You do know this kid committed to Indiana first right?

I don't think we are "loaded" at quarterback ... Yes, numberwise we are okay ... but talent-wise ... we are not "loaded" ... at least until one of them takes control and produces on the field ...

Is Iowa right now really "stacked" at qb when not one of them has taken a snap and nobody knows what any of them are capable of? How an Iowa fan can think that Iowa is too stacked at qb to be pursuing 4 star qbs with 4 years of eligibility remaining after coming off a 4-8 season is beyond me. I think Iowa should be kicking the tires and at least gauging his interest level. If after talking to him they decide he wouldn't fit for whatever reason ok that's fine. And come to find out maybe they already prior to him commiting to Indiana and LSU thats something I'm not aware of. If that's not the case and there is a chance this kid would like to be a Hawkeye lets at least see.

Latest posts