Gunner Keil transferring. Rittenberg thinks Iowa should pursue.

Yeah, our recruiting is based on an honor code where we don't pursue kids committed to other teams. That is not the Iowa way.

Don't need him anyway. We're stacked at QB. Maybe if he wants to switch to safety we could find room for him in the 2 deep and maybe on special teams, but it would be a bad move trying to come here to play QB.

I was about to start a thread on the recruiting side when I saw you'd started one. We seem loaded at qb numbers wise. But none of them have taken a snap. If the hawks don't take a flier on this kid they are idiots. Any school he goes to will be in no less worse shape than the hawks are. The problem they'll walk into if he decides to come will be how many of the younglings currently there jump ship right away leaving the depth chart down to nothing. Kiel has big time arm talent and the whole country was in love with him 2 yrs ago. If he were to get settled in I think he could be a stud somewhere. Why not with a tigerhawk on his helmet?

I believe that he would have to sit out a year if he goes D1 correct? So how does that help us with the we don't have a guy that has ever taken a snap. neither has he, and he won't until 2014.

Not KF's style to go get a guy like this. He probably be asked to walk on. My guess is Keil already knows where he is going. Maybe Indiana hired his dad.

I believe that he would have to sit out a year if he goes D1 correct? So how does that help us with the we don't have a guy that has ever taken a snap. neither has he, and he won't until 2014.

Yes he'd have to sit out a yr he'll have to do that anywhere he goes to play D1. Clearly he wants to play D1 hence his leaving due to not getting playing time. So any school he goes to will be in a similar spot that the hawks are in. The only factor I can see him looking for that the Hawks won't have is say there is a team with a sr starting this yr for them and nobody coming up with any experience or huge hype. (he shoulda transfered during last season to us darn it) So if he were to become a Hawk he'll be rooting for witchever youngster that starts this year to not do so hot or he just thinks he's head and shoulders better then. Kind of an awkward position to be in maybe but it is what it is. I'm curious to know what schools he'll be looking at not knowing what fit he'll be looking for.

4 schools in a year and a half? No thanks. He seems like a head case.

He's attended exactly one school. Notre Dame.

Players decommitting during recruiting isn't unusual, it just got more attention as he was highly rated.

As for "high ceiling", he apparently has other issues if he's still buried on the ND depth chart.

that sounds too much like work. KF can't be expected to recruit players from exotic faraway places like Indiana

that sounds too much like work. KF can't be expected to recruit players from exotic faraway places like Indiana

I thought AJ Edds came from Indiana. And I think Stanzi and DJK came from Ohio, which are farther than Indiana. That's a pretty weak excuse, dude.

Don't need him anyway. We're stacked at QB. Maybe if he wants to switch to safety we could find room for him in the 2 deep and maybe on special teams, but it would be a bad move trying to come here to play QB.

Really!? We are?! Funny I didn't a chance to see anyone behind center this year besides Jim Dandy JVB. My guess is we aren't very good at QB and so why wouldn't we want some competition at QB. He is transferring because Kelly is going to play Golson for the next 3 years that's why he is transferring.

Is Indiana outside his 7 hour radius? If it is we won't recruit him. They are on public record stating that.

Latest posts